Eli better than Peyton?!?

I didn't realize there was only one player on a football team. The NFC is pretty much awlful and has been for several years. Eli has had a very nice 3 game run but that is all he has to his credit.

Actually to tell the truth, Eli has played 4 very good games in a row.

That's all he has to his credit? Have you not seen how close their numbers are? I'm not saying Eli is better. He isn't. But we shouldn't try and take away from Eli's success. He's done more than most would have predicted by this point in his career. He's gotten to the super bowl faster than many hall of fame Qb's ever did.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see how Eli does in the Super Bowl first...remember that the AFC has won 8 of the last 10 Super Bowls, so I think it's valid to question whether Eli and the Giants could have navigated their way through the AFC to get to the Super Bowl, the same AFC conference that Peyton has been in his whole career. In fact, considering the ups and downs the Giants had this year, it's a question as to whether they'd have even qualified for the playoffs in the AFC. Yes, they're peaking at the right time and they deserve credit for what they've done, but the margin for error is slim in the AFC...I'm not sure the Giants could have made the playoffs with their inconsistency this year.

IMO, those are valid questions until/unless Eli can lead the Giants past the Patriots to a Super Bowl victory...if he does that, then the dynamic of the debate changes.

It's not apples and oranges. They play the SAME SPORT and the SAME POSITION. :lol:

:rolleyes:Layoff the Giant Kool Aid bud, and yes its apples to oranges, I said compare stats and you said compare how long it took him to get to the Super Bowl, 2 completely different things, Eli threw the most int's in the league and had the 5th worst QB rating this year, once again Eli is Jan Brady and Peyton is Marsha

And what had anyone on the team done to prove that they were even close to being as good as Eli?

I was just about ready to say that its time to give someone else a chance to prove what they can do because Eli was playing so horribly.

:rolleyes:Layoff the Giant Kool Aid bud, and yes its apples to oranges, I said compare stats and you said compare how long it took him to get to the Super Bowl, 2 completely different things, Eli threw the most int's in the league and had the 5th worst QB rating this year, once again Eli is Jan Brady and Peyton is Marsha

Eli's in the super bowl, Peyton isn't.

Why do we have to compare stats? Do stats matter if you lead your team to a super bowl?

Stats aren't everything. I've stated clearly that I do not think Eli is better than Peyton, so I don't need to lay off any "kool aid". I don't know why that comment was necessary.

About stats, Phil Simms didn't have great stats early in his career either. Neither did Terry Bradshaw. But neither of them made a super bowl this early in their careers either.

They didnt have 20 ints and 13 fumbles...

And ZERO in the playoffs. Thanks for failing to mention that though. Also if you had watched Trent Dilfers analysis on Eli, he said of the 20 interceptions, 7 were on Eli. The rest were on the WR's.

Also, the Giants WR's led the league in drops, which really hurts Eli's passer rating as well.

I was just about ready to say that its time to give someone else a chance to prove what they can do because Eli was playing so horribly.

This year!? They've been winning consistently all year, why would you pull your starting QB!?

I'm glad you aren't the Giants head coach!

This year!? They've been winning consistently all year, why would you pull your starting QB!?

I'm glad you aren't the Giants head coach!

You can paint the picture however you'd like, but the fact is, they were winning games because of their defense and Eli's contribution was a lot of interceptions and fumbles lost. He has played a little better lately, but he has been a low- to mid-tier QB during his career thus far.