Eli better than Peyton?!?

We're not talking about Eli vs Peyton now. We're talking about Eli in his 3rd year as a starter, vs Peyton in his 3rd year as starter.

I still don't think you can compare. The situations aren't at all the same. Eli would have done no better (and probably worse) than Peyton did on that Colts team.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know that for sure?

Just my personal opinion, but the skill set and downright knowledge of the game (once again my opinion) aren't the same either. I just don't feel it is fair to say that Eli is better at this point because he won the Superbowl. I mean how do you know that if Peyton would have had this Giants team that he wouldn't have went undefeated.

And then I responded that I believe that Eli has a better team. But we aren't going to convince each other.

Eli has a better team?! Wow, that's funny because everything I heard before the G-Men shocked the world was that the Giants team STINKS all year long. Everyone said they had a terrible team and without Tiki that they wouldn't do anything. How does he have a better team than Peytons 13-3 team?

Eli has a better team?! Wow, that's funny because everything I heard before the G-Men shocked the world was that the Giants team STINKS all year long. Everyone said they had a terrible team and without Tiki that they wouldn't do anything. How does he have a better team than Peytons 13-3 team?

Look at the Giants' defense. They are better than the Colts. I can't account for what others said about the Giants. I am not going to convince you and I'm tired of defending Peyton who I really don't care too much about. I was just expressing my opinion, and I think it is safe to say that you are a little bit more passionate on this than I am.:lol:

Look at the Giants' defense. They are better than the Colts. I can't account for what others said about the Giants. I am not going to convince you and I'm tired of defending Peyton who I really don't care too much about. I was just expressing my opinion, and I think it is safe to say that you are a little bit more passionate on this than I am.:lol:

I just don't think they are that different...in both of their 3rd years as starters that is.

I wouldn't say Eli is better than Peyton. But, as I stated earlier in this thread, if he leads them to this Super Bowl victory, it drastically changes the dynamic of this discussion.

Of course, there's not much point in debating these things until both guys have finished their careers. I think Peyton is better right now, and I think he's better if you compare both at the same time in their careers...however, he didn't win a Super Bowl, so you have give Eli some credit there.

I wouldn't say Eli is better than Peyton. But, as I stated earlier in this thread, if he leads them to this Super Bowl victory, it drastically changes the dynamic of this discussion.

Of course, there's not much point in debating these things until both guys have finished their careers. I think Peyton is better right now, and I think he's better if you compare both at the same time in their careers...however, he didn't win a Super Bowl, so you have give Eli some credit there.

:thumb:

I do not think Eli will ever put up number like Peyton has but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.