Eli better than Peyton?!?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a particular fan of either BUT

Early in Peyton's career he was playing for Jim Mora and a defense that was, to be kind, yeilding.

I am less a fan of Tom Coughlin but he does know how to coach a defense.

Eli has been the beneficiary of having better people around him.

Tom Coughlin is an offensive guy. Steve Spagnuolo is the man who has transformed this defense.

Peyton had good players around him early in his career. Edge, Harrison etc...

Plax and Shockey are the only big names around Eli. Jacobs and Bradshaw were not very well known before this year.

At this point, NO Eli is not better than Peyton. But I think Eli can have a very successful career with more than one super bowl win.

Eli has done a good job "managing" the Giants this post season. But, he is not even close to being the QB that Peyton is.

Eli did a lot more than "managing" the game last night. That suggestion makes me sick. He threw many GREAT passes last night in FREEZING temperatures. Below ZERO temperatures. Give him some credit where credit is due.

It took Peyton what...9 years to get to a super bowl? Eli did it in his 3rd year as a starter.

I didn't realize there was only one player on a football team. The NFC is pretty much awlful and has been for several years. Eli has had a very nice 3 game run but that is all he has to his credit.

I didn't realize there was only one player on a football team. The NFC is pretty much awlful and has been for several years. Eli has had a very nice 3 game run but that is all he has to his credit.

The NFC is awful? The Packers and Cowboys were 13-3.

The Giants, Cowboys, Eagles, Packers, Lions, Bears, and Cardinals were a combined 22-6 vs the AFC.

The NFC overall was 32-33 vs the AFC. Most losses coming from the Rams, Panthers, Saints, Falcons, and 49ers.

The NFC is NOT awful this year.