Chuck Smith back at Boyle Co. ?

Maybe Boyle did contact Chuck and try to lure him back, but its not gonna happen. Please folks... Let that ship sail!!!!! Move on with it over there in Rebel Land. Cherish what you had in the days of Chuck Smith, but get on with it. If Guy Morris is indeed the one they are to announce Friday as the new head coach I think this will help the Rebel faithful get a grip and start looking toward the future of Boyle Co. football and not their past.:thumb:

Maybe Boyle did contact Chuck and try to lure him back, but its not gonna happen. Please folks... Let that ship sail!!!!! Move on with it over there in Rebel Land. Cherish what you had in the days of Chuck Smith, but get on with it. If Guy Morris is indeed the one they are to announce Friday as the new head coach I think this will help the Rebel faithful get a grip and start looking toward the future of Boyle Co. football and not their past.:thumb:

Most realistic Rebel fans know that Smith has been happy at UK and it was his dream to begin to work the ranks in the college game. With the rise of the UK program and the defense looking better each year I think Smith is a big part of that. I don't see him leaving that to come back to Boyle.

If Boyle Co. asked Guy Moriss don't you think they might have asked chuck also. Has anyone heard this rumor?

I know Boyle is a big-time program but can they afford to pay Morris anything near what a D1 head coach of two programs is used to making? Would he not have to take a major pay cut.

I know Boyle is a big-time program but can they afford to pay Morris anything near what a D1 head coach of two programs is used to making? Would he not have to take a major pay cut.

If Morris came it would not be about the money. He's going to be 57 and probably is looking for something else right now.

It's a nice rumor and story but I won't believe it unless it actually happens. :thumb:

It's definately more than a rumor. It's not official yet, but there is mutual correspondance. I thinks it's going to happen.

I tend to be one of those that "don't believe it until I see it because it might not come true." I hope it does. I'm just cautious.

To put this to rest, Smith actually volunteered to be on the Interview committee. He therefore would not be an applicant.

I don't remember did Smith go to KY when Morris was there or when Brooks came? This would make more sense if Morris had hired Smith,I guess. Maybe Morris will take the job IMO that would be interesting to say the least

I don't remember did Smith go to KY when Morris was there or when Brooks came? This would make more sense if Morris had hired Smith,I guess. Maybe Morris will take the job IMO that would be interesting to say the least

If memory serves he was hired by Brooks in the spring of 2005.