Best Freshman Teams/Players in 9th Region

Madman, what makes Conner stick out over Boone, Cov Cath and Ryle? I know they have beaten Cov Cath and Boone but haven't played Ryle yet. Ryle lost to Boone but that was their only loss in NKY. Conner lost to St. Henry and someone else. I am not trying to question your opinion I just want to know what makes Conner look the best.

They won their first two games of the season in the Holy Cross Christmas Tournament to come in third. They lost a heartbreaker to Boone County last night by 2 at the buzzer.

Sounds like they are playing better basketball, that is good to hear.

Madman, what makes Conner stick out over Boone, Cov Cath and Ryle? I know they have beaten Cov Cath and Boone but haven't played Ryle yet. Ryle lost to Boone but that was their only loss in NKY. Conner lost to St. Henry and someone else. I am not trying to question your opinion I just want to know what makes Conner look the best.

I'm not sure there is one thing that sticks out regarding Conner. I was impressed with their overall size, quickness and depth. I've also seen Boone, Cov Cath and Ryle play. All of these teams are very good and each have their strengths and weaknesses. On any given night, any of these teams can beat the other and I'm sure there's no clear-cut favorite. I was just a little more impressed with Conner.

From what I hear its Boone, Ryle, CovCath.

Then everyone is pretty even from there down.

I can list a few nice players I know of in NKY.

Keyvon Arnold-Holmes (playing JV and Varsity)

Brennan Kling-St. Henry

John Patula-St. Henry

Zach Barnett-St. Henry

Cubby Conley-CovCath

Jake Thelen-CovCath

Troy Timmerman-CovCath

Trevan dont know his last name at Boone is good, their point guard is pretty good too.

Conner's point is very good (not good with names)

Ryle has a guard and center who are really good, both will be on Varsity next year, if coach Mullins lets them.

NCC has a couple bigs that are good.

I know I'm not being impartial here madman but if size is what impresses you, Ryle has the most size of any freshmen team in NKY. I doubt that Conner has the depth Boone and Ryle has. Once again, I might just favor Ryle and Boone because I am more familiar with their teams.

I agree with you about Ryle's size. They are strong and physical. They are all good teams. It will be fun watching all of them the rest of the season.

Newport has two of the best freshman in region. Nair Johnson ( I may have the last name wrong) , and Melvin Calhoun. These boys can flat get it done, But they need a qualified coach. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone its just opinions. How does Newport pick there sports coaches?? The AD needs to take control, they have great players in all the main 3 sports, they just need someone yo lead them.