Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Woodson: Stock Up/Stock Down??

Featured Replies

After yesterday's performance in the Music City Bowl:

 

1) Has Andre Woodson solidified a 1st round draft pick? The 6'5 Gunslinger completed 33 of 50 passes, had 386 passing yards, 4 TDs, 1 Int. & games Most Valuable Player.

 

2) What did the NFL scouts see as his strengths, weaknesses?

 

3) Where does Andre project out before the combines?

 

4) Will his stock rise or fall in the combines?

 

5) What NFL teams best fit his style?

 

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll try to answer them in order.

 

1. The draft will dictate Woodson as a number 1 pick. At least five teams will be looking QB (Chicago, Atlanta, Minnesota, Baltimore, Tampa Bay) and this draft has some depth at that position.

 

2. The biggest weakness, and it showed itself yesterday, is Woodson's release. He takes a long time to release the ball, which is a scary weakness to have against NFL speed on defense.

 

3. I think he is projected as a one before the combines.

 

4. This is where it can get interesting. If Andre has a great combine, his stock could soar. He needs to go there and run well and show his big time arm. He needs to make GM's forget his first two years at UK and his lack of mobility and long release.'

 

This could also solidify Woodson as a second round pick if he falters at Indy, or if Brennan and Flaco light it up or if Dennis Dixon is healthy and lights it up. Right now, I think most scouts have Woodson third behind Brohm and Matt Ryan. Woodson could slip to fifth or sixth if the combine does not go well.

 

5. I don't know that Woodson's skill set fit any one style more than another on the next level. I think Minnesota is the best situation for any young QB because they have a running game and defense in place. I will say that Tampa would be interesting because if there is a system that is tough for young QBs, it is the West Coast offense and Tampa runs that. At the same time, Woodson would get the chance to sit and learn in Tampa, which could be to his advantage.

  • Author

Besides Brohm and Ryan, Who are some of the other QBs out there who are projecting as 1st rounders?

 

I know Chad Henning looked impressive today. Is he one of these? How's Colt Brennen being projected?

I'm sorry, I don't know who Chad Henning is. What school?

 

I think the only locks for round 1 are Matt Ryan (BC) and Brian Brohm (UofL). Woodson, Colt Brennan (Hawaii) and Joe Flacco (Delaware) are the names thrown around by Mel Kiper as the top 5 QBs. Dennis Dixon (Oregon) ran the spread and had Oregon looking like a Nat'l title contender until he tore his acl against Arizona and he was getting some hype during the season. Another possibility are some underclassmen, like Chase Daniels (Missou).

You meant Chad Henne (Michigan), right...I got it...sorry. He will be drafted, but I don't know if he is a number 1 guy.

I'm sure there are some in the league who like what they have seen in Woodson and there are some who still need a closer look. His performance in the combine will give them their answer.

Didn't ESPN project him going 13th to the Panthers or something like that?

 

I think he's the third best QB in the draft this year, behind Ryan and Brohm.

  • Author

What about Booty of USC? Him and Henne both look better than Ryan, imo. Woodson, too, for that matter..

How is this even a question... (no offense J 4 fun)

What about Booty of USC? Him and Henne both look better than Ryan, imo. Woodson, too, for that matter..

 

Those two just aren't very consistent. Booty did miss 3 games this season. He had a lot better year last year.

 

Henne missed games as well. Henne didn't even break 2,000 yards.

 

Brennan should be a top QB choice if you ask me. I don't care about the system he is in or whatever, he is a GOOD player and should play at the next level. Also Paul Smith from Tulsa. He threw for over 4,700 yards, and 42 TD's.

  • Author

The only question mark I have on Brennan is his size. Will he be able to see over the NFL sized linemen. I believe he's more a product of the system. What's the scoop on that kid from Delaware? Never heard of him before.

I saw nothing to brag about being F-State only had part of their team there.

 

That did have something to do with it..

The only question mark I have on Brennan is his size. Will he be able to see over the NFL sized linemen. I believe he's more a product of the system. What's the scoop on that kid from Delaware? Never heard of him before.

 

Brennan is 6'3, he will be alright.

 

Flacco is a pretty good QB. He had a pretty solid year...

Yesterday's game will have ZERO to do with an NFL team's decision to pick Andre.

 

His draft status will be determined mainly by one-on-one workouts and combines. NFL teams know who he is. They've seen him in game action. They have an idea of what he can and cannot do. They will now look with a much more discerning eye.

 

Yesterday's performance was great for Andre, UK , the team, and the fans. Nothing more.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.