To Catch a Predator on NBC Dateline...

UKBLUE1964

This show is overwhelming to me. I have a little daughter and this is scary stuff - right here close to home.

I agree and what about the guy who drove from Northern Indiana 5 and half hours just to go to jail. What is scary, is the lengths this sick individuals go through just to meet a 13 year old. :fire:

This show really creeps me out. I've heard that some states won't cooperate with NBC as their legal counsels feel that this is entrapment by adults, that is to say the adults posing as kids are able to get the sickos to do things that a real 13 yr-old would not. I've also heard that some defense attorneys are starting to win some of these cases arguing that their client was not soliciting a child but rather an adult that they thought was posing as a child. Anyone know if these things are true or not?

BTW, I've made my adolescent watch it with me.

Paducah's police chief is catching heat from the city council because he refused NBC's request to film the episode there, so they chose Bowling Green instead.

You got to look at it this way Scribe, do you want your area looking bad? I know most of those predators came from out of state. One has to think about the bigger picture though, like would people want to move into the area? How does it make the region look on a national scale? Does it / will it affect the housing industry in the area? Plus more.

You have to take it into account. It's good vs. bad here. I can't decide either way myself.

I think it's a matter of time before Chris Hansen jumps out of a door and one of pervs puts two bullets into him on TV. I don't care how many officers he has waiting to jump out of closet doors. He's going to humiliate the wrong guy one of these days and it's going to end tragic.

I think it's a matter of time before Chris Hansen jumps out of a door and one of pervs puts two bullets into him on TV. I don't care how many officers he has waiting to jump out of closet doors. He's going to humiliate the wrong guy one of these days and it's going to end tragic.

Should be good TV:fire:

Paducah's police chief is catching heat from the city council because he refused NBC's request to film the episode there, so they chose Bowling Green instead.

The problem with this show and the reason some communities are refusing to let them in their town is the way they get their information, the same reason that some of the people are not getting charged or having them overturned. NBC relies on a group that are not law enforcement officers for the information to catch these guys, which could open up lawsuits, as you don't really know how they got the information, such as entrapment. Now if they have police offers acting as a kid and getting the information that stuff is more reliable.

Watched an episode where they caught the DA from a neighboring town (I believe in TX). The guy never showed up, so they went to his house to arrest him. As they were approaching the house a gun went off inside, and they found the man dead inside. I guess the guy figured out what was going to happen and figured it wasn't worth the humiliation.

That was the first episode I watched, and it will be the only.