This is what I get for trying to get in shape...

98NCCalum

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's pretty nice. I've been there, done that. Do you tend to have problems with you ankles as far as frequently spraining or turning them? I've always had weak ankles? Do you wear high tops or tape your ankles?

Yes I have had problems with this one since I tore ligaments when I was 14.

I always wear high tops when playing sports and wear a brace, and this day, of course, I forgot the brace, not sure it would have mattered, as bad as I rolled it this time, I think I would have done some damage either way.

I was a trooper though, after I hurt it my buddy and I went and lifted for a half hour, so it wasn't a total loss of a trip to the gym, I did want to puke the whole time it hurt so bad though, :lol:

That's pretty nice. I've been there, done that. Do you tend to have problems with you ankles as far as frequently spraining or turning them? I've always had weak ankles? Do you wear high tops or tape your ankles?

I use to sprain my ankles by just looking at a basketball court. I tried high tops, taping, wraps, supports, just about everything you can think of. Believe it or not, I started wearing regular running shoes when I play ball and haven't sprain an ankle since. Go figure.

The next day I woke up and still today the bruising extends all the way up to mid calf and down to my toes.

I went to see my doctor yesterday and she said, "In my professional opinion, that's nasty."

She's young and we joke around, it was funny.

I use to sprain my ankles by just looking at a basketball court. I tried high tops, taping, wraps, supports, just about everything you can think of. Believe it or not, I started wearing regular running shoes when I play ball and haven't sprain an ankle since. Go figure.

I'm the same way, seems every time I play something I roll it, just no where near this bad.

After my first tear I just have no strength down there, they just crumble at first sign of pressure.

Ouch I have always been pretty fortanate when he comesmto injuries. Played sports all year around for eightteen years and only got a broken wrist. I can't imagine having an injury like that.

I've done it all, rotator cuff from pitching, elbow from pitching, ankles, knees.

Never broken a bone though, I guess going through a couple gallons of milk a week does do a body good. As many injuries as I've had it's amazing that I've never broken a bone.

I've always had bad ankles since I messed up some ligaments cheering in high school. As an adult, I can be just walking and have my ankle turn over. Over the last 3 years I have started working out using a BOSU and it has helped my ankle strength tremendously. Doing squats and jumps on a BOSU forces you to continuously check your balance and that strengthens the muscles supporting the ankles and knees. (knock wood) I have not had an ankle sprain in about 6 years now, which is a record for me.

BTW, I hate those stupid air casts!