Scott (Northern KY) head coach opening?

Bluerunner

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding is that Coach Fisk was let go from his coaching position, not sure about teaching or if he is even a teacher. However, anyone else find the timing of this a bit odd? I mean, it's been how long since they made the playoffs? From a strictly football standpoint...

Or, again...is it just me?

Scott this year has a new AD and he is a little keener on improving Scott's football team. IMO, because of this, Coach Fisk was on a shorter leash and had to prove himself this year in order to keep a job.

Say what you want but it seems like the AD really wants to see Scott's team succeed and perform better than they have in years past. If my knowledge is correct, Scott has had only 1 winning season in its existence.

Any possible candidates and would anyone be willing to take the job?

As for next years team, it looks grim:cry:

My understanding is that Coach Fisk was let go from his coaching position, not sure about teaching or if he is even a teacher. However, anyone else find the timing of this a bit odd? I mean, it's been how long since they made the playoffs? From a strictly football standpoint...

Yes Coach Fisk is a P.E./Health teacher. This is definitely a suspect time to let Coach Fisk go. It seems that this was a decision that was made before the end of the season. I can understand that an A.D. wants to really improve the football program, but with the new six class alignment, Scott really has a chance to get some playoff appearences and possibly some wins (if the state ever decides to one district play the other in the first round like the good ol' days) in turn will bring more athletes out of the hallways of Scott H.S. and on to the field

But in the end, Good Luck Coach Fisk, you did an outstanding job. As a coach myself, I wish only the best for you!

Scott this year has a new AD and he is a little keener on improving Scott's football team. IMO, because of this, Coach Fisk was on a shorter leash and had to prove himself this year in order to keep a job.

Say what you want but it seems like the AD really wants to see Scott's team succeed and perform better than they have in years past. If my knowledge is correct, Scott has had only 1 winning season in its existence.

What about Leman Boyd? I'm sure he could get a pretty good staff together and I know that a lot of his former players loved him. I personally like Leman but Scott will choose who they feel is the best fit!

Don't you have to be a teacher to be a varsity head coach in Kentucky?

This decision was not made by the AD, but from someone higher.

Coach Fisk was hired as head coach of Scott 33 months ago after the person hired for the job had a change of heart and declined the position. He took the job as a very public 'second choice' candidate of the school. He was late getting his off season weight program started because of this. He was late getting his staff together because of this. After a bumpy start (2-8 in '05 and 1-9 in '06), Coach Fisk led his third year team to a 4-6 record and the school's second trip in it's history to the playoffs. The 4-6 record is the third best in school history as well, and best since 1990. Things seemed to be going in the right direction in Taylor Mill for a change...

Tough coaching situation with the twin 1000 pound gorillas sitting in the Park Hills and Fort Thomas corners. Add to that the 500 gorilla sitting behind the KFC on Dixie Highway and who would you hire that would not be using this job to get to another job?

Don't mean to be harsh, and quite frankly it is just a stroke of bad fortune (or bad decision-making) or bad geography or bad karma, that allowed Highlands and CovCath into the same district as Scott therefore making it a very tough position to fill.

I must say good luck to Coach Fisk and all his assistants. As an alumni of the school I had high hopes that Casey, and many of his assistants that are alumni, would be the ones who turned the program around. I know they care deeply about the kids, the school, and the community. I wish all of the staff the best of luck in all that they do...

Tough coaching situation with the twin 1000 pound gorillas sitting in the Park Hills and Fort Thomas corners. Add to that the 500 gorilla sitting behind the KFC on Dixie Highway and who would you hire that would not be using this job to get to another job?

Don't mean to be harsh, and quite frankly it is just a stroke of bad fortune (or bad decision-making) or bad geography or bad karma, that allowed Highlands and CovCath into the same district as Scott therefore making it a very tough position to fill.

Too true. It is a mighty challenge, but Dixie and SK have both became very competitive teams...

Yes Coach Fisk is a P.E./Health teacher. This is definitely a suspect time to let Coach Fisk go. It seems that this was a decision that was made before the end of the season. I can understand that an A.D. wants to really improve the football program, but with the new six class alignment, Scott really has a chance to get some playoff appearences and possibly some wins (if the state ever decides to one district play the other in the first round like the good ol' days) in turn will bring more athletes out of the hallways of Scott H.S. and on to the field

But in the end, Good Luck Coach Fisk, you did an outstanding job. As a coach myself, I wish only the best for you!

From my understanding the decision was made before Scott even played district games.

Scott may have went 4-6 this year but look at the wins they had and tell me they aren't something to be very boastful about.

The only real "respected" win was against Holmes and other than that, the others weren't that good. I believe the other 3 wins came against 1A, 2A, and 3A schools.

They even had a loss against a 1A school.

Scott seemed to be competing against the lower classes rather than their own.

I applaud Scott's determination to compete with schools like SK and Dixie who, as of right now, are just flat out above and beyond Scott.

IMO, I think letting go Coach Fisk was a good decision.