Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott (Northern KY) head coach opening?

Featured Replies

Yeah, but here's the thing with numbers, Ryle had a hundred or thereabouts on their squad and still needed their starting qb to play special teams in November. So how much do numbers really mean? Isn't it quality over quantity?

 

Football is a hard sport played by tough people. If you have to coax a kid to come out in the first place, how long is he going to last when the going gets hard (and it will at some point in football). I've never been a fan of the arguement that "there's talent just walking the hallways" at any school, Scott included. There's a reason those kids are just walking the hallways.

 

I agree with you 100 percent Sandman on this. I am very close to the Scott program and I hear it alot about talent walking the hallways and not playing football. The reason they probably don't play football is they can't hack it plain and simple, the practices the weights the running and all that comes with being a football player for any school. They just use the excuse well the program isn't very good so why should I waste my time. Excuses and if ands and buts be a man and play football if you think you can hack it.:fight::fight:

 

I'll partly agree with you guys on this. You don't just want 100 kids coming out who can't play or shouldn't be on the field in the first place. However there are a handful (not alot) of kids who had played at various levels who had quit playing for one reason or another...

  • Replies 121
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to you big CASE! I am sad to see you go. You did not make it sound like you were going anywhere the night after the Highlands game when I talked to you on the phone. I wish you the best of luck and hope that you try to coach somewhere next year. Good Luck and God Bless.

I understand your intentions in the post, and agree in wishing coach Fisk the best of luck.

 

But, I have to take exception with the bolded part of your post. Scott has had little to no success in football for the better part of 30 years, it's not like they have athletes hanging out at the juice machine every year just choosing not to be athletes.

Also, if winning games and making a little run in the playoffs is what it takes to bring these athletes out, then why do you need them? At that point, you've already won without them.

 

Bottom line here, Scott's football athletes played football this year. They showed up every day (I assume), worked hard, won some and lost some, but they participated and competed. Congrats to them, and all their coaches for that.

 

 

That is un true, If you look at all the other sports, Scott is very sucessful, and I would bet that Their Basketball, Baseball, Track and Field and Cross Country teams, are very competive year in and year out, this was really the first year that Scott had every football player that should be on the field, play. Year in and Year Out you will find the majority of Scotts best atheltes in the bleachers watching the game rather than playing. This year was the first exception in a long time.

From Ryan Ernst blog:

 

 

 

So, he resigned...

 

 

Not Necissarly, and I will leave it at that.

IMO opinion Scott's lack of success has not only been due to open enrollment, and a lack of a feeder program but also due to the coaching staff's lack of foresight of the positions of their players.

 

Tony Deck has been the QB under Fisk for the past 3 years roughly and to be honest, I have hardly seen any improvement in his skills. He actually seems to have regressed a little. He doesn't have the arm to run the QB position. Also I think Forrestor shouldn't have been the RB. He just doesn't have the speed nor the cut ability to work that position. With as bad as the offensive line has looked for Scott this year, I would've put him on the line with his size.

 

As for the athlete situation, Scott has a lot of athletes that COULD play for the team but alot of them just don't see the point as the sport they are in they are successful and the football team has hardly any success.

 

I also though Scott's offensive system was wrong this year. At times they spread their WRs out so far that even somebody with a relatively strong arm would have trouble running plays off successively. But however the situation is worse when your QB has a below average arm and is in this predicament.

 

I understand that not every coach is going to be perfect and won't have the best system but IMO there were just too many flaws in Fisk's program and I think it was best for Scott to let him go

IMO opinion Scott's lack of success has not only been due to open enrollment, and a lack of a feeder program but also due to the coaching staff's lack of foresight of the positions of their players.

 

Tony Deck has been the QB under Fisk for the past 3 years roughly and to be honest, I have hardly seen any improvement in his skills. He actually seems to have regressed a little. He doesn't have the arm to run the QB position. Also I think Forrestor shouldn't have been the RB. He just doesn't have the speed nor the cut ability to work that position. With as bad as the offensive line has looked for Scott this year, I would've put him on the line with his size.

 

As for the athlete situation, Scott has a lot of athletes that COULD play for the team but alot of them just don't see the point as the sport they are in they are successful and the football team has hardly any success.

 

I also though Scott's offensive system was wrong this year. At times they spread their WRs out so far that even somebody with a relatively strong arm would have trouble running plays off successively. But however the situation is worse when your QB has a below average arm and is in this predicament.

 

I understand that not every coach is going to be perfect and won't have the best system but IMO there were just too many flaws in Fisk's program and I think it was best for Scott to let him go

 

Well... the job is open and they are taking applications. You seem to have all the answers. I think you should put in for it. Good luck!

Well... the job is open and they are taking applications. You seem to have all the answers. I think you should put in for it. Good luck!

 

:laugh:

 

No kiddin'! He sounds like someone from the stands.

Who does the administration think they are going to lure in at Scott high? Apparently someone thinks they have someone that will do a better job or they wouldn't have fired a guy that has been improving the program (excuse me he resigned).

Who does the administration think they are going to lure in at Scott high? Apparently someone thinks they have someone that will do a better job or they wouldn't have fired a guy that has been improving the program (excuse me he resigned).

 

I think you may be right on the money... unless there are circumstances beyond the playing field that led to the resignation. Good luck coach. Hope to see you back on the gridiorn doing what you do best... teaching kids to play and to love the sport of football.

Who does the administration think they are going to lure in at Scott high? Apparently someone thinks they have someone that will do a better job or they wouldn't have fired a guy that has been improving the program (excuse me he resigned).

 

Probably someone who has worked with the (administration) in the past at another school. Shouldn't be to hard to follow the (administration) back a few years and see who the potential candidates would be...

Probably someone who has worked with the (administration) in the past at another school. Shouldn't be to hard to follow the (administration) back a few years and see who the potential candidates would be...

 

Don't start the Stephen Lickert stuff. Please!

Don't start the Stephen Lickert stuff. Please!

 

I didn't, but it sounds like you just did...

Steve will not leave Holmes. He is starting to get something good going there. Steve is not the kind of person who is going to leave a job unfinished.....so yea IMO, Steve Lickert will not leave Holmes.

Steve will not leave Holmes. He is starting to get something good going there. Steve is not the kind of person who is going to leave a job unfinished.....so yea IMO, Steve Lickert will not leave Holmes.

 

Don't get me wrong, but he left Dayton when they were on an upswing. I honestly don't think his work was done there yet. I am happy to see Zach pick up where he left off though. I like Steven a lot. I know his family very well. I have no idea what his ambitions are. I know that whomever goes to Scott and can mount any kind of a run, will be a shoe in for perspective jobs down the road that may come open(i. e. Highlands). I do however think that Weinrich is a shoe-in for that one. You never know. I would love to see him get a head coaching job somewhere. I love his enthusiasm.

If Stephen leaves Holmes for Scott willingly, I'll change my name to Jill and wear a pink dress every day of my life...

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.