Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott (Northern KY) head coach opening?

Featured Replies

A LOT of schools now have strength coaches for all sports. For the most part, they'll stick to the program that the coach wants but they'll work wonders for technique. As for facilities, Highlands has some of the worst facilities in the state and they seem to do okay. I'd be willing to bet that Scott's weight room is on par with HHS'.

  • Replies 121
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Fisk had a plan to improve the program. Due to professionalism, it's not something I can mention; but he was actively working on a plan the week before the Highlands game. The plans would have taken more than just a cermonial commitment to changes, but a full financial commitment too.

 

I think that is what will be the biggest thing to improve Scott's program. You can bring in the best football coach available, but if you are not willing to financially support the program it won't matter. To build the program you must be willing to enable the new coach to bring in a staff of his choosing at all levels that feed the program (Let's say $200,000 in salary for all the new coaches). You will need to put $50K into a real weight room, and if you want it to really pay benefits to all of your athletic programs you should look at $40,000 for a strength coach (chosen by the new football coach).

 

Any Scott fan's think they are willing to do this??

 

:lol::lol::lol:Uhm, no...

You are right Highlands probably does have some of the worst facilities in the State other than their football complex not much else to brag about when it comes to facilities. The weight room however I would bet Scott's is lots worse I am close to the program and have witnessed the poor weightroom facilities at Scott especially at the Eagles Nest where the football team works out. They hardly have any machines at all mostly have to use free weights.

 

I think both schools need much needed up grades facility wise.

A LOT of schools now have strength coaches for all sports. For the most part, they'll stick to the program that the coach wants but they'll work wonders for technique. As for facilities, Highlands has some of the worst facilities in the state and they seem to do okay. I'd be willing to bet that Scott's weight room is on par with HHS'.

Is Highland's weightroom also their varsity locker room/meeting room/film room/shower/bathrrom? Scott's is. Not to mention the Staph issue

I personally think that Coach Fisk, Coach Bell, and the other alums that were there trying to make something of this program was their best shot at success. After seeing all the promises not kept to previous coaches etc. Who in their right mind WOULD take this job except for a 1st year coach. Then you have to wonder, are they better than what you had? To me, it sounds like Scott football may be over. I feel so sorry for those poor kids and this limbo that they must be put through.

I don't think Scott football will be over. Obviously it has been a tough road for all previous coaches, but with administrative and community support, it can be fixed.

Don't feed me that garbage. You know good and well what you were doing when you posted what you did about the administration. People know the principal and where he came from. Stephen Lickert will not be the next coach at Scott. To be honest, no one around here may get that job, unless they want to be a first time head coach. No head coach will leave to take that job. If they do, I will stand corrected and eat my crow. If anyone other than Stephen Lickert takes the job, you will eat yours.

 

There are alot of connections that could be made. The one you bring up is obviously the only one you know...

There are alot of connections that could be made. The one you bring up is obviously the only one you know...

Could they bring in a middle school coach?

Scott football is not over, I will say it again football brings in the money for the school by far more than any other sport. They do have more bills to pay to keep it going more than any other sport but the program will survive this Coaching change. I think Coach Fisk did a tremendous job for the program he was well liked by the kids and the parents. Casey will survive this change and continue on with his life and hopefully down the road he might get an opportunity to Coach again somewhere. Casey was a class act and will be missed by all especially some of the parents whom he became good friends with.

Well... the job is open and they are taking applications. You seem to have all the answers. I think you should put in for it. Good luck!

 

Then again Sting, if a fan cannot criticize a coach's decisions on the type of offense ran or the positions players are placed in, I assume you would also agree that a fan or parent can likewise not criticize a principal's or AD's decision to fire a coach. Perhaps you should apply to be the AD or principal the next time those jobs become open. What's that old saying, if its good for the goose its good for the gander.:D

Then again Sting, if a fan cannot criticize a coach's decisions on the type of offense ran or the positions players are placed in, I assume you would also agree that a fan or parent can likewise not criticize a principal's or AD's decision to fire a coach. Perhaps you should apply to be the AD or principal the next time those jobs become open. What's that old saying, if its good for the goose its good for the gander.:D

 

Actually, I would love to be the coach or AD, but I don't think I could afford the pay cut. But, being the gander, I have supported every coach and administration that they have had in the school's history. Through 30 years of long suffering, I have heard a million ways on how to 'fix' the team or the simple moves it would take to turn it around. Some have been valid, some have not. Am I sad to see Coach Fisk go? Yes. I think the team was finally taking a step in the right direction. Was the administration right in what they did? I don't know. I suppose only a very few people actually know what happened and I doubt either one of them would tell. But I do know that a new coach will have to start all over again. I am sad that by the time a new coach builds anything up, they too will be sent packing.

 

But, back to your point. The poster was seemed to be making the point that this was a move based on where personnel was lined up and in the wrong positions, and about player development and so on. These were actually valid points, but I don't believe that this had anything to do why the administration made the move they did. I honestly believe that if the team would have finished 7-3 the move would still have been made. I honestly believe that the current administration is looking for a more disciplined approach to the school as well as its athletics.

 

I was probably being too sarcastic and if so I apologize, but at the same time I was being partly serious, too. Put in for the job. I wish you well. I will be there supporting whoever gets it...

What kind of time frame would they need to go thru the hiring process? Wouldn't a new coach also need a teaching position under the best circumstance?

 

Supposedly, they will have a new coach in place early January.

Actually, I would love to be the coach or AD, but I don't think I could afford the pay cut. But, being the gander, I have supported every coach and administration that they have had in the school's history. Through 30 years of long suffering, I have heard a million ways on how to 'fix' the team or the simple moves it would take to turn it around. Some have been valid, some have not. Am I sad to see Coach Fisk go? Yes. I think the team was finally taking a step in the right direction. Was the administration right in what they did? I don't know. I suppose only a very few people actually know what happened and I doubt either one of them would tell. But I do know that a new coach will have to start all over again. I am sad that by the time a new coach builds anything up, they too will be sent packing.

 

But, back to your point. The poster was seemed to be making the point that this was a move based on where personnel was lined up and in the wrong positions, and about player development and so on. These were actually valid points, but I don't believe that this had anything to do why the administration made the move they did. I honestly believe that if the team would have finished 7-3 the move would still have been made. I honestly believe that the current administration is looking for a more disciplined approach to the school as well as its athletics.

 

I was probably being too sarcastic and if so I apologize, but at the same time I was being partly serious, too. Put in for the job. I wish you well. I will be there supporting whoever gets it...

 

 

But you got my point. A lot of folks were criticizing the heck out of the administration for letting Fisk go, but when the poster criticized Fisk's coaching decisions, he was torn into like a pork chop by a hungry bulldog and told to apply for the coaching job if he had all the answers. Seemed a little inconsistent to me.

 

And as to the bolded part, good job. Every program needs true blue supporters like you.

I also though Scott's offensive system was wrong this year. At times they spread their WRs out so far that even somebody with a relatively strong arm would have trouble running plays off successively. But however the situation is worse when your QB has a below average arm and is in this predicament.

 

It was the same offensive that CovCath ran, and Grant, and others

Plus they scored the second most total points offensively in the history of the school. I also believe Deck passed for over 1000 yards

Actually, I would love to be the coach or AD, but I don't think I could afford the pay cut. But, being the gander, I have supported every coach and administration that they have had in the school's history. Through 30 years of long suffering, I have heard a million ways on how to 'fix' the team or the simple moves it would take to turn it around. Some have been valid, some have not. Am I sad to see Coach Fisk go? Yes. I think the team was finally taking a step in the right direction. Was the administration right in what they did? I don't know. I suppose only a very few people actually know what happened and I doubt either one of them would tell. But I do know that a new coach will have to start all over again. I am sad that by the time a new coach builds anything up, they too will be sent packing.

 

But, back to your point. The poster was seemed to be making the point that this was a move based on where personnel was lined up and in the wrong positions, and about player development and so on. These were actually valid points, but I don't believe that this had anything to do why the administration made the move they did. I honestly believe that if the team would have finished 7-3 the move would still have been made. I honestly believe that the current administration is looking for a more disciplined approach to the school as well as its athletics.

I was probably being too sarcastic and if so I apologize, but at the same time I was being partly serious, too. Put in for the job. I wish you well. I will be there supporting whoever gets it...

 

How is this a bad thing for the school as a whole and the Scott football team? Was this not the case under the previous coaches/administration?

 

Good for you for standing behind the Eagles, those kids need more supporters like yourself.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.