Hypothetical Question

The Coach is an authoritative figure and ignoring his request could have consequences for him. I find it hard to believe this situation actually happened.

I can believe this happened. Part of the problem with some coaches is they have to much God like mentality...kid is going to do whatever they say...but that is in part the school and fans fault for putting them on a pedestal. Coach should be punished and possibly the kid depending on the entire situation.

The kid is doing what the coach told him to do, and dont want to be benched if he dont.The coach may not have given him a choice. Some will do anything to win, and dont care what they are doing to the kid's to get that victory.

Oh it happened, and now it has mushroomed. I just wanted some data for my own personal info. Thanks for all the input.

Well, thanks to the quick posts/thinking of BGP maybe we can figure out who it was and it will get back to that person and maybe they'll be a big enough person to just turn themselves in out of guilt.........

Kid should be suspended again because he didn't serve his suspension the first time. Coach should be fired both as a teacher and a coach. You can't have a coach/teacher encouraging students to go against the rules and the punishments that the administration has handed down.

Kid should be suspended again because he didn't serve his suspension the first time. Coach should be fired both as a teacher and a coach. You can't have a coach/teacher encouraging students to go against the rules and the punishments that the administration has handed down.

Thank you!!!

I would find it very hard to beleive that the parents, kids, and other coaches were not talking amongst themselves and to others in the community. Something like this would not be hard to leak. I think whoever would do such a thing would get caught and punished pretty quickly.

Oh it happened, and now it has mushroomed. I just wanted some data for my own personal info. Thanks for all the input.

Since you admitted this is no longer hypothetical, you need to report to the KHSAA, as BGP is not the place.

Here is Rule #4

4. No school-specific (or general) recruiting comments or allegations of KHSAA rules violations by any school, coach, player or booster are allowed. No talking about where any player lives, has lived, or where they are from in a recruiting context. This is not the place to report KHSAA violations. Feel free to contact www.khsaa.org to report such violations, but do not discuss violations here.