Who wins?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is a scout then I am Lord North! :lol:

See if anyone actually knew how to beat Trinity on the road all they would have to do is take that guys Toys R Us Drum away and about 3,000 of the Trinity fans would be lost in their organized cheering. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Go Rocks Go would now be No Rocks No :lol:

The turnovers certainly helped. Henry Clay scored two defensive and three offensive touchdowns. They had 274 rushing yards, 18 first downs, and 414 yards of total offense. I do not understand your point? This game was over early in the third quarter.

Lafayette dropped one touchdown pass (Eric Shaw in the second quarter).

I certainly hope these two teams meet again. I am certain that the score will not be as lopsided as that one was. Then again, I don't look that far in the future and I certainly don't discount the teams right in front of me. I hope Lafayette redeems themselves this Friday.:D

GO GENERALS!!!!!!!!!:banana:

QUOTE....from this Mornings Lex. Herald-Leader.....

Recalling '78 shocker

Two-time defending state champion Trinity, rated No. 2 in Kentucky, will be an overwhelming favorite when it visits Lafayette tonight.

It's a similar scenario to when Trinity hosted Lafayette in the 1978 regular season. Those Shamrocks were two-time defending state champs, unbeaten and rated No. 1. They appeared to have victory locked up on their homecoming night when they led 21-13 in the final minutes. But Lafayette's George Adams scored a touchdown and added a two-point conversion to tie it. After the Generals' defense forced Trinity to punt, their offense drove 45 yards, setting up Danny Bishop's game-winning field goal with two seconds left.

Bishop, now 46, clearly remembers his heroics. "Some people estimated my kick went 60 yards, and later on some said I even hit the Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant across the street. But that was impossible. The restaurant was on the other end of the field, and I know I didn't kick the ball plum around the world."

Trinity is NOT going to a homecoming dance after the game; the loss in 1978 was at Trinity 24-21 on a last second field goal and preceded the homecoming dance; the field can't be darker than duPont Manual Stadium; Lafayette has wins over some fairly mediodcre squads: 6A Tates Creek 2-7, 6A Dunbar 3-6, 5A Bryan Station 3-6, 4A North Bullitt 5-4, 4A Boyle County 3-6, 3A Shawnee 3-6, 3A Western Hills 1-8.

Win over 4A Franklin Co 8-2 is their best. Trinity's win over 5A Bowling Green easily trumps these and marks the only time the Rocks played someone in a classification lower than the equivalent of 6A (Cincy St. X plays in the division with the largest schools in Ohio). No rain in sight, expect a mud bowl anyway that Trinity wins 49-7.

QUOTE....from this Mornings Lex. Herald-Leader.....

Recalling '78 shocker

Two-time defending state champion Trinity, rated No. 2 in Kentucky, will be an overwhelming favorite when it visits Lafayette tonight.

It's a similar scenario to when Trinity hosted Lafayette in the 1978 regular season. Those Shamrocks were two-time defending state champs, unbeaten and rated No. 1. They appeared to have victory locked up on their homecoming night when they led 21-13 in the final minutes. But Lafayette's George Adams scored a touchdown and added a two-point conversion to tie it. After the Generals' defense forced Trinity to punt, their offense drove 45 yards, setting up Danny Bishop's game-winning field goal with two seconds left.

Bishop, now 46, clearly remembers his heroics. "Some people estimated my kick went 60 yards, and later on some said I even hit the Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant across the street. But that was impossible. The restaurant was on the other end of the field, and I know I didn't kick the ball plum around the world."

Is 1978, the last time a team from Lexington beat Trinity in the regular season?

After reviewing louisvillehsfootball.com...the answer is yes. Trinity has only played one other regular season game versus a Lexington opponent in the regular season coming into this season since 1978; 1996 versus Henry Clay. In fact, the only other loss in the regular season to a Lexington team came in 1971; this was a 6-0 loss to Bryan Station.

I predict that Trinity goes into Bluegrass country and earns a relatively tough win, say, 38-14, over the Generals. I could be wrong but I do not see this game as an upset special. I think T will do what needs to be done, especially on defense. It will be good for the Shamrocks, as they enter the tournament, to be exposed to officiating from a different area of the state.

I predict that Trinity goes into Bluegrass country and earns a relatively tough win, say, 38-14, over the Generals. I could be wrong but I do not see this game as an upset special. I think T will do what needs to be done, especially on defense. It will be good for the Shamrocks, as they enter the tournament, to be exposed to officiating from a different area of the state.

It is as bad in Lexington as it is anywhere else. :D :jump:

That's a really good point. I hadn't thought about that.

Actually it's a mute point. Go look at the play-off brackets. If T keeps winning they have home field advantage all the way through the play-offs until they get to the Pizza Box.