Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity vs. Lafayette Predictions

Who wins? 72 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I just hope its not that guy that runs around with that little drum all the time. :laugh:

 

 

If he is a scout then I am Lord North! :lol:

  • Replies 66
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is a scout then I am Lord North! :lol:

 

See if anyone actually knew how to beat Trinity on the road all they would have to do is take that guys Toys R Us Drum away and about 3,000 of the Trinity fans would be lost in their organized cheering. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

 

Go Rocks Go would now be No Rocks No :lol:

Let's get back on the path of discussing Trinity and Lafayette....:thumb:

Its hard to beat anyone when you turn the ball over, several times a game, particularly in key situations in which points are given away......

The turnovers certainly helped. Henry Clay scored two defensive and three offensive touchdowns. They had 274 rushing yards, 18 first downs, and 414 yards of total offense. I do not understand your point? This game was over early in the third quarter.

 

Lafayette dropped one touchdown pass (Eric Shaw in the second quarter).

 

I certainly hope these two teams meet again. I am certain that the score will not be as lopsided as that one was. Then again, I don't look that far in the future and I certainly don't discount the teams right in front of me. I hope Lafayette redeems themselves this Friday.:D

GO GENERALS!!!!!!!!!:banana:

  • Author

QUOTE....from this Mornings Lex. Herald-Leader.....

 

 

 

Recalling '78 shocker

Two-time defending state champion Trinity, rated No. 2 in Kentucky, will be an overwhelming favorite when it visits Lafayette tonight.

 

It's a similar scenario to when Trinity hosted Lafayette in the 1978 regular season. Those Shamrocks were two-time defending state champs, unbeaten and rated No. 1. They appeared to have victory locked up on their homecoming night when they led 21-13 in the final minutes. But Lafayette's George Adams scored a touchdown and added a two-point conversion to tie it. After the Generals' defense forced Trinity to punt, their offense drove 45 yards, setting up Danny Bishop's game-winning field goal with two seconds left.

 

Bishop, now 46, clearly remembers his heroics. "Some people estimated my kick went 60 yards, and later on some said I even hit the Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant across the street. But that was impossible. The restaurant was on the other end of the field, and I know I didn't kick the ball plum around the world."

Trinity is NOT going to a homecoming dance after the game; the loss in 1978 was at Trinity 24-21 on a last second field goal and preceded the homecoming dance; the field can't be darker than duPont Manual Stadium; Lafayette has wins over some fairly mediodcre squads: 6A Tates Creek 2-7, 6A Dunbar 3-6, 5A Bryan Station 3-6, 4A North Bullitt 5-4, 4A Boyle County 3-6, 3A Shawnee 3-6, 3A Western Hills 1-8.

Win over 4A Franklin Co 8-2 is their best. Trinity's win over 5A Bowling Green easily trumps these and marks the only time the Rocks played someone in a classification lower than the equivalent of 6A (Cincy St. X plays in the division with the largest schools in Ohio). No rain in sight, expect a mud bowl anyway that Trinity wins 49-7.

QUOTE....from this Mornings Lex. Herald-Leader.....

 

 

 

Recalling '78 shocker

Two-time defending state champion Trinity, rated No. 2 in Kentucky, will be an overwhelming favorite when it visits Lafayette tonight.

 

It's a similar scenario to when Trinity hosted Lafayette in the 1978 regular season. Those Shamrocks were two-time defending state champs, unbeaten and rated No. 1. They appeared to have victory locked up on their homecoming night when they led 21-13 in the final minutes. But Lafayette's George Adams scored a touchdown and added a two-point conversion to tie it. After the Generals' defense forced Trinity to punt, their offense drove 45 yards, setting up Danny Bishop's game-winning field goal with two seconds left.

 

Bishop, now 46, clearly remembers his heroics. "Some people estimated my kick went 60 yards, and later on some said I even hit the Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant across the street. But that was impossible. The restaurant was on the other end of the field, and I know I didn't kick the ball plum around the world."

 

Is 1978, the last time a team from Lexington beat Trinity in the regular season?

After reviewing louisvillehsfootball.com...the answer is yes. Trinity has only played one other regular season game versus a Lexington opponent in the regular season coming into this season since 1978; 1996 versus Henry Clay. In fact, the only other loss in the regular season to a Lexington team came in 1971; this was a 6-0 loss to Bryan Station.

I predict that Trinity goes into Bluegrass country and earns a relatively tough win, say, 38-14, over the Generals. I could be wrong but I do not see this game as an upset special. I think T will do what needs to be done, especially on defense. It will be good for the Shamrocks, as they enter the tournament, to be exposed to officiating from a different area of the state.

It will be good for the Shamrocks, as they enter the tournament, to be exposed to officiating from a different area of the state.

That's a really good point. I hadn't thought about that.

That's a really good point. I hadn't thought about that.

 

Thanks. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

I predict that Trinity goes into Bluegrass country and earns a relatively tough win, say, 38-14, over the Generals. I could be wrong but I do not see this game as an upset special. I think T will do what needs to be done, especially on defense. It will be good for the Shamrocks, as they enter the tournament, to be exposed to officiating from a different area of the state.

 

It is as bad in Lexington as it is anywhere else. :D :jump:

That's a really good point. I hadn't thought about that.

 

Actually it's a mute point. Go look at the play-off brackets. If T keeps winning they have home field advantage all the way through the play-offs until they get to the Pizza Box.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.