Trinity vs. Lafayette Predictions

Who wins?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trinity will blow past Lafayette with ease. Lafayette has been turnover prone all year and they lack a credible rushing attack. Going into the Western Hills game the Generals had under 700(or something close) yards. Lafayette has really good first teams and a very god K/P. Lafayette will give Trinity a game for a quarter or at most a half. They just do not have the depth to win. Mike Harmon is an excellent coach and has built a very competitive program but he just doesn't have the depth of some programs or the over whelming talent (think Henry Clay) to overcome the lack of QUALITY depth.

Trinity 42

Lafayette 10

UGLY... That is the only word that comes to mind.

Trinity-49

Lafayette-3

The only thing ugly is the field :) I think that Trinity is an excellent football team and has proven themselves time and time again. Lafayette is a great football team when they decide they are going to play. Both teams are extremely well coached, but it will be difficult for Lafayette to compete without the depth that Trinity has. Lafayette has a great advantage at home and being the underdog.

For all you picking a blowout, do you realize Lafayette (8-1) has a better record than Trinity (7-2)?

Is the second best team in Lexington (HC), really 40 points worse than the third best team in Louisville (X and Manual)? Playing at home as well.

Let's get realistic here.

For all you picking a blowout, do you realize Lafayette (8-1) has a better record than Trinity (7-2)?

Is the second best team in Lexington (HC), really 40 points worse than the third best team in Louisville (X and Manual)? Playing at home as well.

As always.....very good points...............provide much to ponder....

guess we will get to test the "old strength of schedules" debate............

CR, I believe that many predicting the blowout are assessing Trinity's 41-7 shellacking of Dunbar, a team Lafayette struggled to beat 16-14. They may also be looking at Henry Clay's blowout 35-10 win over Lafayette and think, as do many of us, that T has a better squad than HC. ( To take the score comparison thing to ridiculous lengths, HC was blown out 55-26 by LaSalle. LaSalle was blown out by Cincy X 35-7, and T led Cincy X well into the second half.)

Even so, Lafayette is 7-1 and raked 8th among 6A teams by Massey.

Wow, why all the bar lowering? "Realisitc"....okay do you realistically believe Trintiy is the third best team in Louisville? By all accounts and predictions from the Rock posters here you guys will be crowned and taking ring orders in December. 8-1 record vs. 7-2, you think who T lost to and beat and vice versa might be important in predicting this contenst instead of just looking at the win and loss columm? Common opponents? Dunbar, you guys win by 34 playing the 2nd and 3rd teamers most of the second half and Lafayette scrapes by with a 2 point victory playing their first team the whole game.

Wow, why all the bar lowering? "Realisitc"....okay do you realistically believe Trintiy is the third best team in Louisville? By all accounts and predictions from the Rock posters here you guys will be crowned and taking ring orders in December. 8-1 record vs. 7-2, you think who T lost to and beat and vice versa might be important in predicting this contenst instead of just looking at the win and loss columm? Common opponents? Dunbar, you guys win by 34 playing the 2nd and 3rd teamers most of the second half and Lafayette scrapes by with a 2 point victory playing their first team the whole game.

I know this is anectodal, but the X players and fans I've spoken to believe that Manual is the toughest opponent they've faced to date. Who better to judge? Many X supporters are more concerned with Manual than Trinity.

I believe Trinity is better than Manual, but the X players and fans have no reason to lie. Do you think Manual poses more of a threat to X than Trinity?

Normally, an 8-1 team doesn't get picked to lose by 40 points at home against an out of town team.

I know this is anectodal, but the X players and fans I've spoken to believe that Manual is the toughest opponent they've faced to date. Who better to judge? Many X supporters are more concerned with Manual than Trinity.

Normally, an 8-1 team doesn't get picked to lose by 40 points at home against an out of town team.

LOL...CR, you must be looking for some bulletin board material. IMHO, Manual is good, no where near as good as Trinity. Manual's D is solid but not impenetrable. Manual's O is good, but anemic and predictable at times. Impact players for Manual-- Cosby, Smith, Ulinski and Harness. Impact players for T--Stein, Dutton, Dutton, Phillips, Robey, Whiting, Weitlauf. T has more studs, more depth, and much better coaching. Manual played X close, so what. We left points on the field and gave them one of their scores with a bad snap on a punt. I attend a lot of X games and I've not met those X supporters who are more concerned with Manual than Trintiy. So put that on your bulletin board!;)

LOL...CR, you must be looking for some bulletin board material. IMHO, Manual is good, no where near as good as Trinity. Manual's D is solid but not impenetrable. Manual's O is good, but anemic and predictable at times. Impact players for Manual-- Cosby, Smith, Ulinski and Harness. Impact players for T--Stein, Dutton, Dutton, Phillips, Robey, Whiting, Weitlauf. T has more studs, more depth, and much better coaching. Manual played X close, so what. We left points on the field and gave them one of their scores with a bad snap on a punt. I attend a lot of X games and I've not met those X supporters who are more concerned with Manual than Trintiy. So put that on your bulletin board!;)

Thanks for your opinions. Obviously, I haven't spoken to you. :D

Back to the game, does Lafayette run the spread offense? Don't they have a D-I running back, or is that another Lexington school?

Thanks for your opinions. Obviously, I haven't spoken to you. :D

Back to the game, does Lafayette run the spread offense? Don't they have a D-I running back, or is that another Lexington school?

Lafayette does run a version of the spread offense, but their quarterback is strictly a passer. They do not have a Division I caliber running back. He is a junior and very big (I would guess 230), but only averages a bit over 3 yards per carry.

Trinity is learning, Lexington football is just not that tough this year. This will be their second Lexington opponent this season and they will more than likely, play another Lexington opponent in the playoffs.

I hope one of the Lexington schools can give them a go this year! I don't see it happening Friday night at Ishmael Stadium.

I see this game as a point which will answer the following questions?

1. Is Lafayette for real? Can they beat Trinity or stay with in 10 points? If Lafayette can win the game, or stay with in 10, I see them capable of getting to the final 4.

2. If Trinity wins big, this tells us the Rocks are marching for another title and that they should be the favorite to win it all.

3. A win by a couple of TD's tells me that this Trinity team is below Rock standards and will be capable of getting beat in final 4.

=> Rocks roll in this one people. Get ready for a thrilling Post season.........