Trinity vs. Lafayette Predictions

Who wins?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

CR, I believe that many predicting the blowout are assessing Trinity's 41-7 shellacking of Dunbar, a team Lafayette struggled to beat 16-14. They may also be looking at Henry Clay's blowout 35-10 win over Lafayette and think, as do many of us, that T has a better squad than HC. ( To take the score comparison thing to ridiculous lengths, HC was blown out 55-26 by LaSalle. LaSalle was blown out by Cincy X 35-7, and T led Cincy X well into the second half.)

Even so, Lafayette is 7-1 and raked 8th among 6A teams by Massey.

You do your research and background study very well.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What're the field conditions at Lafeyette?

If it rains at all between now and the game, the field conditions will be horrendous. If it does not rain, the field conditions will be just bad. This poor field has been worn out over the years with too much usage. Lafayette football practices on this grass (clover) field and between them and the Lafayette soccer team, they wear it out. It has never been pretty in November or even August, September, or October for that matter.

Lafayette badly needs a new surface, but will be the last in Lexington to get one.

This is no time for Trinity to backslide. Lately, T has had pretty good success against the Lex teams in Lex. However, most if not all of those games have occurred in the playoffs. Of course this game is the regular season finale. I think the Shamrocks will keep the hammer down, keep their eyes on the prize {...insert favorite cliche here...} and come away with a convincing win, one in which they will have played well and continued to improve.

Could someone please post the best driving directions from Louisville. Thanks.

Merge onto I-64 E toward LEXINGTON / I-65. 73.0 miles

Take the KY-922 exit- EXIT 115- toward BG PARKWAY / AIRPORT / LEXINGTON.

Merge onto NEWTOWN PIKE / KY-922 S toward LEXINGTON / AIRPORT / KEENELAND.

Turn LEFT onto W MAIN STREET Continue on W Main Street

Turn RIGHT onto S BROADWAY Continue to follow S Broadway

Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto CLAYS MILL RD.

Turn LEFT onto REED LN.

End at Lafayette Senior High School

401 Reed Ln, Lexington, KY 40503

Have a safe trip! :thumb:

Lafayette is the only school in Lex without turf.......you won't be as far away from play as Dunbar or Henry Clay, but it is kinda dark and you'll be lucky if there is any grass.

Trinity should roll in this one and I would expect the starters to sit by the half, much like the Dunbar game.

Lafayette is the only school in Lex without turf.......you won't be as far away from play as Dunbar or Henry Clay, but it is kinda dark and you'll be lucky if there is any grass.

Trinity should roll in this one and I would expect the starters to sit by the half, much like the Dunbar game.

Good point, "Son of Bear".

Lafayette's field is very dark and if the Generals wear their all red uniforms, it is difficult to tell who has the football.

Looking for and needing to find an advantage for the Generals.

Why is Lafayette's field the worse in Lexington ?

Fayette Co. is in the midst of a major school construction phase and although the project is on the list, Lafayette's stadium renovation project is way down the list. This is especially true after the Station school construction ran way over budget and the projection that Lexington already needs a new middle school after EJ Hayes was only built a few years ago.

Merge onto I-64 E toward LEXINGTON / I-65. 73.0 miles

Take the KY-922 exit- EXIT 115- toward BG PARKWAY / AIRPORT / LEXINGTON.

Merge onto NEWTOWN PIKE / KY-922 S toward LEXINGTON / AIRPORT / KEENELAND.

Turn LEFT onto W MAIN STREET Continue on W Main Street

Turn RIGHT onto S BROADWAY Continue to follow S Broadway

Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto CLAYS MILL RD.

Turn LEFT onto REED LN.

End at Lafayette Senior High School

401 Reed Ln, Lexington, KY 40503

Have a safe trip! :thumb:

Thanks !!!!!

Road game and field conditions will not change the outcome of this game. Rocks offense can name the score. Lafayette simply has not seen the precision pass route excution and running game the ROCK's offense present. T's defense will be well prepared for the Generals. I will have to miss my first Trinity game in 5 years. Will it be on the radio... GO ROCKS!

Road game and field conditions will not change the outcome of this game. Rocks offense can name the score. Lafayette simply has not seen the precision pass route excution and running game the ROCK's offense present. T's defense will be well prepared for the Generals. I will have to miss my first Trinity game in 5 years. Will it be on the radio... GO ROCKS!

Don't forget, Lafayette has played Henry Clay earlier in the season and lost 35-7. We might agree on Lafayette not seeing the precision pass routes yet this season, but they have seen an outstanding offense with, arguably, more weapons than Trinity. Henry Clay has outgained Trinity on the ground by more than 900 yards. Look at these comparisons between Henry Clay and Trinity's offense through nine games:

First Downs: HC 198-186

Yards gain rushing: HC 2655-1700

Yards/carry: HC 6.6-6.0

Passing yardage: T 2326-1805

Passing attempts: T 259-198

Touchdowns passing: T 26-18

Total offense yards: HC 4460-4026

Yards/game: HC 495-447

Lafayette has faced this team. Who has been more productive offensively this season?

Don't forget about them......you might be seeing them in about three weeks.