Greenup County 35 Lawrence County 20

UKBLUE1964

Final

Tied at the half 7-7.

Sorry for not giving updates in the second half, but my brother who I was getting updates from was at work and he got called away from the radio, (he is a policeman in Louisa).

But he did call me around midnight and I was asleep, but after reviewing his message, He said LC had over 210 yards in penalties and the announcers on the radio saying it was a horrible called game.

Final

Tied at the half 7-7.

Sorry for not giving updates in the second half, but my brother who I was getting updates from was at work and he got called away from the radio, (he is a policeman in Louisa).

But he did call me around midnight and I was asleep, but after reviewing his message, He said LC had over 210 yards in penalties and the announcers on the radio saying it was a horrible called game.

I agree, I was on Greenup side, it was a good game though, it was'nt decided until 4th qtr., Greenup scored 22 pts. Great pre-game show by #53's dad, and alot of fireworks after GC tds. ,also after the game. Coach Sammons coached from the pressbox, it really did help GC. Defense played good all night, especially down the stretch, O-line blocked well and #21 ran hard. Hope the LC player that left in ambulance is alright, no injuries to report on for Greenup, 1st home playoff game for us in awhile, good win boy's, now let's get ready for Lewis County, and finish the regular season on a high note.

OK, I have tried to stay away from posting but feel that I have to this info out there. The boys played their hearts out but they were also playing against the refs. I have never seen a worst called game in all my years of High School football. :irked:Most of the time, I would not say that the refs made that much of a difference in a game, but I can tell you that in this game, they most certainly did. In the Ashland's paper, Goldsmith said it was the lack of leadership???? :confused:Don't know what her meant or if he was just misquoted. Perhaps he meant form the coaching staff, I don't know. The article was a joke and did not truly reflect the game. Biased? I think that one of our coaches were thrown out because of the bad calls. Not only was there a lot of yardage on penalities, but when we had big plays, they were called back and it Killed the momentum. One of our seniors got thrown out for shoving the GC player for grabbing his :sssh: in the pile on the field, but the other player did not get ejected. The ref made the statement that the shove was in relaliation, but IMO that is a reflex and a judegement call should have been made by the ref or BOTH players ejected. IMO GC can thank their refs for this game.

Nemo, I'm with you. Most fans like to point at the officials when the game goes wrong for them. But this was without a doubt the most obvious one sided HORRIBLE officiating I have ever witnessed. I'd be suprised if GC had more than 40 yards in penalties. Last count I was given was that the Dawgs had 240??? Give me a break!!!

The Dawgs won that game hand down. Lack of leadership as an excuse is getting so old. Doesn't that come from the coaches?? I was appalled that our coaches stood there and took it like they did. Waste to start arguing in the 4th quarter. Coty, Acie, Tyler and of course others played well and Shepherd stepped in the QB position like an upperclassman and ran the team as well or better than it had been all season. The O looked more comfortable with him.

No matter how well the Dawgs played though, this game was stolen from them by poor officiating. Anyone have doubts about that, go watch the game film. It is APPALLING!!

Congrats to GC on the win, this one really suprised me.

Tough loss for the Bulldogs. I have always respected the LCHS football program and can certainly remember some VERY good football teams there. No reason why it can't get back to that level. Bulldog players just stay positive and work hard and good things will happen.:thumb:

First of all this statement has nothing to do against Greenup Co. players or fans I feel they played and cheered for every thing they had in them BUT.

In all my years of being on the bluegrass preps I have never complained about any refs but I will say that if the wildcats of Kentucky had been playing at Greenup county they would not have won this game the refs made sure that GC wasn't going to loose this one . As for the coaches not saying anything about the refs in the paper well bottom line is they are not allowed to. I told the people around me at the half that they was no way LC was coming away with the win tonight. And after the half was over it went to about the middle of the 3rd quarter with out no more flags but has soon as LC took the lead it was just to obvious because the flags started flying and then the people around me started saying they knew what I meant . I think this film should be reviewed and if it shows as bad as it looked then these refs need to never be able to ref again not even in the JFL. And like I said the kids from Greenup nor their fans could control what was going on with the game so buy no means am I trying to say that they wanted this win in this manor I know I wouldn't have . The only thing I really wish for is that Greenup Co. will Beat Rowan Co. in the first round of the play offs and that LC can some how beat Boyd Co. and these two teams get the chance to do it again this time with some GOOD refs that are not byes. So good luck to Greenup on out and as for the Dawgs you know what happened last night so you have to put this behind you .Maybe take it as a lesson that life isn't all ways fare but you have to find a way to go on and make the best of it because it isn't the end of the world.

First of all this statement has nothing to do against Greenup Co. players or fans I feel they played and cheered for every thing they had in them BUT.

In all my years of being on the bluegrass preps I have never complained about any refs but I will say that if the wildcats of Kentucky had been playing at Greenup county they would not have won this game the refs made sure that GC wasn't going to loose this one . As for the coaches not saying anything about the refs in the paper well bottom line is they are not allowed to. I told the people around me at the half that they was no way LC was coming away with the win tonight. And after the half was over it went to about the middle of the 3rd quarter with out no more flags but has soon as LC took the lead it was just to obvious because the flags started flying and then the people around me started saying they knew what I meant . I think this film should be reviewed and if it shows as bad as it looked then these refs need to never be able to ref again not even in the JFL. And like I said the kids from Greenup nor their fans could control what was going on with the game so buy no means am I trying to say that they wanted this win in this manor I know I wouldn't have . The only thing I really wish for is that Greenup Co. will Beat Rowan Co. in the first round of the play offs and that LC can some how beat Boyd Co. and these two teams get the chance to do it again this time with some GOOD refs that are not byes. So good luck to Greenup on out and as for the Dawgs you know what happened last night so you have to put this behind you .Maybe take it as a lesson that life isn't all ways fare but you have to find a way to go on and make the best of it because it isn't the end of the world.

I am a Greenup County fan, and I agree with you about the referees, same crew did game at Ashland last year, we had 26 penalties called against us, 3 against Ashland, so we know that feeling, we even could not believe the call's either and the way the game was handled. LC penalties 18 for 157 yds. GC 9 for 60 yds. As parents and fans, we have no control of this situation, I also hope you beat Boyd County and us Rowan County, for the rematch, should be a dandy, and it would be played at Greenup again, did you all like the fireworks last night after score's and after game? Tell your player's, that they played hard and should not let this game get them down, freshman qb. should continue to start, he,ran the team well, hope you get some of your injured players back, we started getting some of our injured back, and it is starting to show, good luck Bulldogs.

I am a Greenup County fan, and I agree with you about the referees, same crew did game at Ashland last year, we had 26 penalties called against us, 3 against Ashland, so we know that feeling, we even could not believe the call's either and the way the game was handled. LC penalties 18 for 157 yds. GC 9 for 60 yds. As parents and fans, we have no control of this situation, I also hope you beat Boyd County and us Rowan County, for the rematch, should be a dandy, and it would be played at Greenup again, did you all like the fireworks last night after score's and after game? Tell your player's, that they played hard and should not let this game get them down, freshman qb. should continue to start, he,ran the team well, hope you get some of your injured players back, we started getting some of our injured back, and it is starting to show, good luck Bulldogs.

The fire works was nice I like it better than the cannon my only thought on that was when your team scores then have to kick the PT the kicker still has the fire works going off that would have to be a distraction and maybe thats why he missed the pt on that end . But yes the fire works was nice for your team when they scored. :thumb:

Come on people, I mean really the ref crew may have bee awful but for LC it comes down to one thing DISCIPLINE. The player was ejected for punching a GC player 4 time (not just pushing him) and then removing his helmet while on the field of play. Even if he was punched you have to have DISCIPLINE and not to retaliate. As for the number of unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, I’ll give the coaches 1 to make their point but after that just shut your mouth. The ref’s warn you and when you keep on jawin’ in their ear, no matter who you are, the flags will come a flyin’.

The DISCIPLINE here is not only required by the head coach but also the asst coaches, whom I believe received the bulk of the sideline infractions. Now this lack of sideline DISCIPLINE, apparently spilled over to the players as their comments to the officiating crew drew a few unsportsmanlike flags also. So if we go back and erase these penalties who wins . . .