Greenup County 35 Lawrence County 20

UKBLUE1964

Come on people, I mean really the ref crew may have bee awful but for LC it comes down to one thing DISCIPLINE. The player was ejected for punching a GC player 4 time (not just pushing him) and then removing his helmet while on the field of play. Even if he was punched you have to have DISCIPLINE and not to retaliate. As for the number of unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, I’ll give the coaches 1 to make their point but after that just shut your mouth. The ref’s warn you and when you keep on jawin’ in their ear, no matter who you are, the flags will come a flyin’.

The DISCIPLINE here is not only required by the head coach but also the asst coaches, whom I believe received the bulk of the sideline infractions. Now this lack of sideline DISCIPLINE, apparently spilled over to the players as their comments to the officiating crew drew a few unsportsmanlike flags also. So if we go back and erase these penalties who wins . . .

The Dawgs win---you take away all those bogus holding and hit in the back that never happened and go from there....

Sounds like a dandy called game...Would like to see this one on Film.

I believe Lawrence County fans are probably getting a bit restless. Their program definetly has not lived up to their expectations for a few years. Most other teams in the area are used to losing, but Lawrence Co fans are great and expect wins. BTW, I personally feel Chandler should have been starting by now anyway.

Honestly, with the District that Lawrence County plays in, they shouldnt have had their backs against the wall and needing a win in the last District game anyway. I am sure saying you finished last in this District is not exactly pleasing to dedicated fans.

Great Job Boys!! You played hard and didn't give up even when we were down a few. Keep your heads up and strive for another Victory Friday against Lewis.

I'm lovin' those smiles after the game :D! They've been along time a-comin'!! Definitely much deserved!!!

Go Muskies!!

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas
If you are referring to the kickoff return called back, it was a block in the back on #6 of Greenup, he was in his lane, he got blocked and did a spin move off the block and was heading to make tackle, and got shoved down, right in front of the referee, he had to throw the flag, that penalty was obvious, from what we saw from the Greenup side, look at the film, and you will see the hit.

If you are referring to the kickoff return called back, it was a block in the back on #6 of Greenup, he was in his lane, he got blocked and did a spin move off the block and was heading to make tackle, and got shoved down, right in front of the referee, he had to throw the flag, that penalty was obvious, from what we saw from the Greenup side, look at the film, and you will see the hit.

Not saying that all the calls were bad, but I can tell you they were not consistent. Acie Waller #1 got blocked in the back by 2 GC players on one of the kickoffs and it was near the ball so I can assume that the refs would have had their eyes in that area, but no call. The thing is the calls that were made were momentum killers and it appeared to the fans to be one sided. I mean you can seeing holding pretty much at any time of the game, but by golly the refs called us, it seems when it really mattered. The offensive offsides at the end of the game, I mean, did not see it at all. The pass by GC, that should have been a fumble, because it was thrown behind the line of scrimmage and was recovered by LC, should have been a turn over. The line ref saw it and you can see from the film that he sees it as a turnover, but the white hat came over and overruled it..but no whistle was ever blown to stop the play :confused: The line ref had a much better view of the pass and the line of scrimmage and the white hat did not, but he came over to the ref and simply over-ruled it. Once again another momentum killer. Also, the ref went to the players and pretty much told them to go ahead and leave before it got ugly and let the time run off. The fans nor the players had issues with each other, mostly the refs. All of the players conducted themselves very well and I guess that the ref thought they were on his level??? Anyway, we here at LCHS have to let this go and move on. Go Dawgs!

Also we have had this crew 3 or 4 times at east carter games this year and I hear they are in town next week too... and I'm not sure they are capable of calling a good ball game... the best you can hope for is that they don't take over the game and decide the outcome rather than letting the kids.