Torre says "No thanks"

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kudos to Torre, why resign for less when you know you aren't wanted by the some in the organization. Cutting his pay 2 mil is an insult, they paid Clemens 25mil for half of a season and he couldn't even cut it as the 3rd starter come October.

:thumb::thumb:Very well said, I agree.

I am a Yankee fan and will remain a Yankee fan but this classless charade was laughable. Torrre deserved much more respect than that "laughable" offer.

Was obvious to me that they didn't want him back and if they didn't want him back they should have just had the guts to tell him so and not disrespect the man with what and how they did it.

Like I said, I am Yankees fan and a Reds fan and will remain so. I will be watching to see if Torre goes anywhere else (which I think that he eventually will) and I may just pick up a 3rd favorite ;).

I am a Yankee fan and will remain a Yankee fan but this classless charade was laughable. Torrre deserved much more respect than that "laughable" offer.

Was obvious to me that they didn't want him back and if they didn't want him back they should have just had the guts to tell him so and not disrespect the man with what and how they did it.

Like I said, I am Yankees fan and a Reds fan and will remain so. I will be watching to see if Torre goes anywhere else (which I think that he eventually will) and I may just pick up a 3rd favorite ;).

Have to agree with you, OR. While I'm not a Yankee fan; it's refreshing to see someone who is, and can still see things for what they are. It looked to me like a deal to try to make Torre look like the bad guy; but most folks are seeing through that. Would have been better to use the old "we want to go in another direction" line and not have had "negotiations".

Does anyone now think that maybe the Reds jumped the gun a little on Hiring D. Baker? :D. Wait a week from when they did and Torre was availible.:eek:...........They (Reds) I am sure had to have thought that Torre was not going to be back in the Bronx.

Torre may not have came to Cincy but I would have waited on a hire untill it was confirmed he was staying with the Yanks or that he was out and made an offer of whatever it woud take to get him in a reds uniform.

Then again there is no one in the Reds front office that can even come close to the class of Joe Torre - they wouldn't know what to do with a man that actually knew baseball and had the record and class of a Torre.

JMO

Have to agree with you, OR. While I'm not a Yankee fan; it's refreshing to see someone who is, and can still see things for what they are. It looked to me like a deal to try to make Torre look like the bad guy; but most folks are seeing through that. Would have been better to use the old "we want to go in another direction" line and not have had "negotiations".

:thumb: Thank you and I agree. What the Yankees did to Torre was a joke. A person cannot say anything else.

One thing that I do believe is that B. Cashman may have been the reason that it took as long as it did.

Cashman was a Torre guy, those two were close and jmo but he was probably fighting for him (Torre) with "The Boss and family". JMO

Yeah, you're right, their business model has been hugely unsuccessful. :walk:

He is right. If ESPN continues to do things as they are now, their popularity will go down hill even more than it has the past few months. The problem now is they have no competition. If someone steps in with a show that has some stability then ESPN could find themselves in the backseat.

ESPN was great when they first began but now I find it very hard to watch.

Does anyone now think that maybe the Reds jumped the gun a little on Hiring D. Baker? :D. Wait a week from when they did and Torre was availible.:eek:...........They (Reds) I am sure had to have thought that Torre was not going to be back in the Bronx.

Torre may not have came to Cincy but I would have waited on a hire untill it was confirmed he was staying with the Yanks or that he was out and made an offer of whatever it woud take to get him in a reds uniform.

Then again there is no one in the Reds front office that can even come close to the class of Joe Torre - they wouldn't know what to do with a man that actually knew baseball and had the record and class of a Torre.

JMO

No way does Torre manage a team with such a small payroll as the Reds.

It would be like him getting out of a Ferrari and jumping into a AMC Pacer.

Torre is way over rated. It would be difficult NOT to make the playoffs 12 years in a row with the bank he's been playing with.