Ashland 40 Boyd County 33 (OT)

UKBLUE1964

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Thomas ran for over 350 yards in his new position of running back. I predicted that if he started at the running back position Ashland would pull this one out. Congratulations on a great win. Now you have the ball rolling don't let it stop. Great job Tomcats. Boyd County played a great game and hung right in there. Continue to play hard and the wins will come. o

Matt Thomas ran for over 350 yards in his new position of running back. I predicted that if he started at the running back position Ashland would pull this one out. Congratulations on a great win. Now you have the ball rolling don't let it stop. Great job Tomcats. Boyd County played a great game and hung right in there. Continue to play hard and the wins will come. o
Very impressive and must have been a great game for the fans to watch.

Matt Thomas is a stud! He was busting off runs of 15 and 20 yards like it was nothing all night long. Drew Royalty did a good job of running the offense. Josh Alber also had a nice game with probably 75 yards rushing and a TD. It sure is nice to talk about a W!!

Did Thomas's performance tonight take away time from Carter. I know Ashland, in the near past, is primarily a single back set team or did they go to a formation that would allow both of these playmakers to compliment themselves at the same time.

Did Thomas's performance tonight take away time from Carter. I know Ashland, in the near past, is primarily a single back set team or did they go to a formation that would allow both of these playmakers to compliment themselves at the same time.

Keep it rolling T-Cats!!!! Good luck to Boyd the rest of the season.

Ashland ran primarily out of the I tonight with Alber at full back Thomas at tail back and Royalty at QB. Carter and Mcleod both saw action in the backfield too.

Keep it rolling T-Cats!!!! Good luck to Boyd the rest of the season.

Ashland ran primarily out of the I tonight with Alber at full back Thomas at tail back and Royalty at QB.

Maybe I shouldnt be recommending this but has Ashland ever thought about running the Wishbone. Would allow both big playmakers, Thomas and Carter, in the backfield together along with Alber at FB. I know the Tomcats like to utilize the WR in there offense but so far this season the passing game has been suspect and ineffective at times. Once again, Im not try to coach the Tomcats, Coach Hart is a great coach who certainly knows his football, just think this team is a running team and the Wishbone could fit this team nicely.

Maybe I shouldnt be recommending this but has Ashland ever thought about running the Wishbone. Would allow both big playmakers, Thomas and Carter, in the backfield together along with Alber at FB. I know the Tomcats like to utilize the WR in there offense but so far this season the passing game has been suspect and ineffective at times. Once again, Im not try to coach the Tomcats, Coach Hart is a great coach who certainly knows his football, just think this team is a running team and the Wishbone could fit this team nicely.

I don't think so. The o-line did play better tonight but I don't think they are ready pin their ears back and just plow over opposing teams. Plus, totally changing offensive schemes this late in the season wouldn't help the offense IMO.

I don't think so. The o-line did play better tonight but I don't think they are ready pin their ears back and just plow over opposing teams. Plus, totally changing offensive schemes this late in the season wouldn't help the offense IMO.

I agree. Midseason is a little late to change offensive schemes, I just think Ashland needs to find a way to utilize both Carter and Thomas.