Beechwood 76 Brossart 6

Einstein70

Beechwood never dresses the freshman for any regular season games, they only dress for the playoffs. Usually 50 to 60 kids play for the varsity anyway, so dressing the freshman would just make it to crowded. Occasionally, therewill be a stud freshman ot two, and they will dress varsity as well as play freshman.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to running up the score. I have seen the shoe on the other foot for BB. Many times in other sports they have continued the pounding or thumping on lessor quality teams. Now they have to wear their slippers and take a beating just like they dish out.

As I said in the update thread, It humors me when people accuse a team of "running up the score" when they themselves were not at the game and have no clue of what the winning team did or didn't do, as well as how much the losing team couldn't stop the winning team.

Beechwood couldn't stop from scoring no matter what they did, or didn't do. Do you want the winning team to just drop to their knees every single play? Or run out of bounds ever play? Would you prefer that the team up huge just toss the ball to the team down big hoeing they would catch it and order your team to let them score and not to tackle them? GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!! If you say yes to any of those questions then you should have just said that Brossart just thrown in the white flag and walked off the field. As by doing anything mentioned above is also very humiliating, a slap in the face and disgraceful to the losing team, as well as making a mockery not only out of the game, but football itself!

Brossart choose to start varsity play instead of playing a couple of years on the forsh/JV level first, they will take their share of lumps first.

But Brossart only has to look at Cov Holy Cross to see that after a few years you can have a competitive football team, if all things come together, but HC took a few years at the JV level first.

Interesting that you see NO Brossart supporters on here accusing Beechwood of running up the score?? The Mustangs and their supporters would have been up in arms if the Tigers had "laid down". They knew that competing against the likes of BW will take a long, long time (lots of programs still trying to do that after 40-50 years of having teams), but fortunately in the KY system there aren't five Beechwoods in the BB district. There are teams out there playing non competitive football after years and years of having a team, so let's cut the Mustangs some slack that they weren't competitive with the best team in their division in the state first tiem out. Not picking on anyone here but how would say Conner do vs. Trinity this year, or maybe a North Laurel against Highlands?? Patience!!!!

In regards to running up the score. I have seen the shoe on the other foot for BB. Many times in other sports they have continued the pounding or thumping on lessor quality teams. Now they have to wear their slippers and take a beating just like they dish out.

Examples???? I've seen a few one sided Brossart basketball games, and never seen them attempt to run up the score--Quite the opposite in fact (liberal substitutions, no pressing, excessive passing before taking a shot, etc,)??

Are Beechwood's numbers down from years past? I only noticed about 40 players on their sideline.

This is true, for some reason not many freshman from last year decided to play, 3 or 4 had serious health reasons and could not play. Also, during the spring conditioning, a couple of kids who have played in the past yearsa for the varsity just didn't have the will to keep "playing through the pain," so they quit. Beechwoods conditioning this year was really brutal, but the ones that got through it are in great shape and "want" to play football. This year is the first year i have really never seen Beechwood tired in a game, this is a major factor in why i think they can prevail over big schools. Plus they just have A LOT of talent.

Brossart choose to start varsity play instead of playing a couple of years on the forsh/JV level first, they will take their share of lumps first.

But Brossart only has to look at Cov Holy Cross to see that after a few years you can have a competitive football team, if all things come together, but HC took a few years at the JV level first.

Brossart really didn't choose to start varsity football this early in the formative years of this program. We were somewhat thrust into it by the district re-alignment structure which took place this year. We either joined as a varsity football program now OR waited for four more years until the districts realign again in 2011 - we chose to go now, rather than wait until then.

Only time will tell if it is a good move or not. Brossart had @26 players suit up for the JV team last year. This year the number is 44 - next year ???

As with everything that we do at Brossart, it will be done right. I'd expect to see us competitive in an accelerated manner in a few years.

Brossart is going to find it difficult to compete with Beechwood, Dayton, Bellevue, and Ludlow because not only do those schools not have soccer (and golf) programs, they do not have extremely established programs that are state elite status. You will know they are ready to start being good in football when those programs start to slide (see Holy Cross soccer). In a small school it is just so difficult to have multiple same-season sports be successful.

With the possible exception of Beechwood and a couple other traditional 1-A powers, numbers and depth are always a problem for smaller schools?? Golf and cross country aren't going to sap many football players, but soccer will compete for some skill position players. Agreed it's difficult, but not impossible to field competitive programs in both.

Brossart's main need other than sheer larger bodies, are experienced players. Few realize that many of their kids, regardless of age, have little or no competitive football experience at any level?? They will need to start selling themselves as an option for kids from the CC leagues, Ft. Thomas league, and Red Devils; and get kids that are committed to coming to Brossart involved with those leagues at the younger ages. You build a program from the ground up, and that's how they've managed to be successful in soccer, baseball, track and basketball. Build the youth programs and varsity success will come--And you can quote me on that!! :D

Running up scores is a perception. To accuse a team or program of running up a score by simply looking at the scoreboard is totally unfair.

Beechwood scored 42 points in the first quarter last night AND if they had chosen to "run it up" I have evey confidence that it could have been 168-0, then we might be discussing "running it up."

As far as Brossart "running it up" on others, I think that in other sports there are reverse Brossart/Beechwood football situations and the perceptions of the two are pretty much the same.

I'm sorry WhoDey but I had to copy and paste this for you to see from the prediction thread.

Can someone say upset city?

Appalachian State / Michigan?

No upset this week dude.

I was kidding... It would of been more like Thomas Moore beating Michigan.

I have to defend Coach Rash on this one. He has more respect for the game of football, and would never run the score up on any team. I would say that he was probably trying to help coach the BB players from the Beechwood sidelines...that's the Noel Rash I know. He just absolutely loves High school sports...especially FOOTBALL..