Beechwood 76 Brossart 6

Einstein70

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get your shorts in a bunch!!! I am glad that Beechwood shut it down with their starters before it was 49-0. I admitted that I was not there, but when you see a score like that, it looks bad. I never said that anyone that is on the field should not try their best. It will NEVER happen, but if Beechwood ever got beat by 70, you would not like it. BTW, I paid my registration fee to BGP, so I am entitled to my opinion. BGP is full of people with opinions, some you will like and some you will not. Now I will take a rest.

Any hint that the Beechies ran up the score is just not accurate. This side of starting their 2nd or 3rd string, there wasn't much they could do. On the plus side for the 'Stangs, they were trying hard to the bitter end, and despite the physical mismatches; never gave up!! They need to work on the fundamentals, especially blocking (staying with their blocks) and tackling (wrapping up, not just contact). This reflects the lack of experience most of these players had at the younger levels--It's really true that you build a program from the ground (elementary/middle school) up!!

As several have said, it takes time to build a successful football program, and this is game three of Varsity competition for Brossart; and only their second year of existence?? Credit them for the decision to move to the varsity level, and play a district schedule in only their second year; as many new programs have waited years and years to make this move.

Old Soda made some great points regarding numbers, and it will take numbers to make this (or any) program competitive. The success of BB's soccer program hasn't helped jump start the program either, as there's only so many athletes, especially at the smaller schools. No knock on the Beechies, but they don't have to deal with competition from a consistent top 5 soccer program for athletes??

BB will be fine, and I was very encouraged to watch these "pioneers" work hard in the face of extreme adversity; to help set the stage for those to come--Again my hat's off to them for their efforts, and hopefully they can be rewarded with that elusive victory soon!!!! :thumb:

Don't get your shorts in a bunch!!! I am glad that Beechwood shut it down with their starters before it was 49-0. I admitted that I was not there, but when you see a score like that, it looks bad. I never said that anyone that is on the field should not try their best. It will NEVER happen, but if Beechwood ever got beat by 70, you would not like it. BTW, I paid my registration fee to BGP, so I am entitled to my opinion. BGP is full of people with opinions, some you will like and some you will not. Now I will take a rest.
:sleep:

"I heard that the Brossart score was off the Beechwood 8th grade and Cheerleaders. I said this would be ugly. It was the AD and his followers that made the jump to Varsity. It takes alot to start a Varsity Program and they were not using their heads."

I imported UK FAN 59's quote from the update thread, because I thought it was tasteless enough to comment on!! First off, very insightful prediction on his part to say this would "be ugly"?? Obviously time will tell if the move to varisty was premature, but obviously he is closer to the BB programs than I, because I've never seen the "AD and his followers" in my time around the school??

I'd rather commend the coaches, players, supporters and administration at Brossart for trying the move to varsity competition, rather than spin their wheels for years playing a JV or Frosh schedule, and maybe succeeding in building nothing as some other programs have done?? They were realistic enough to know they would take their lumps, but I doubt they thought they'd be slammed for not competing with the #1 A team in the state in their 3rd game???? :irked:

Old Soda made some great points regarding numbers, and it will take numbers to make this (or any) program competitive. The success of BB's soccer program hasn't helped jump start the program either, as there's only so many athletes, especially at the smaller schools. No knock on the Beechies, but they don't have to deal with competition from a consistent top 5 soccer program for athletes??

:thumb:

Brossart is going to find it difficult to compete with Beechwood, Dayton, Bellevue, and Ludlow because not only do those schools not have soccer (and golf) programs, they do not have extremely established programs that are state elite status. You will know they are ready to start being good in football when those programs start to slide (see Holy Cross soccer). In a small school it is just so difficult to have multiple same-season sports be successful.

I am sorry that I felt compelled to have compassion for the Mustangs. When I played, we shut it down at 49. There were many times we could have scored more, but our coach had respect for our opponent. I respect your take the lump attitude, but you do not need to be humiliated along the way.:cool:

As I said in the update thread, It humors me when people accuse a team of "running up the score" when they themselves were not at the game and have no clue of what the winning team did or didn't do, as well as how much the losing team couldn't stop the winning team.

Beechwood couldn't stop from scoring no matter what they did, or didn't do. Do you want the winning team to just drop to their knees every single play? Or run out of bounds ever play? Would you prefer that the team up huge just toss the ball to the team down big hoeing they would catch it and order your team to let them score and not to tackle them? GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!! If you say yes to any of those questions then you should have just said that Brossart just thrown in the white flag and walked off the field. As by doing anything mentioned above is also very humiliating, a slap in the face and disgraceful to the losing team, as well as making a mockery not only out of the game, but football itself!

Brossart choose to start varsity play instead of playing a couple of years on the forsh/JV level first, they will take their share of lumps first.

But Brossart only has to look at Cov Holy Cross to see that after a few years you can have a competitive football team, if all things come together, but HC took a few years at the JV level first.

I am not going to accuse Beechwood of running up the score. I feel wholeheartedly that when young kids, 2nd and 3rd teamers get their chance, they should play just as hard as if they were the starters.

Which leads me to one question for the Beechwood faithful. I was not at the game but was told that Beechwood did not bring their freshman team. Is this true? Certainly, against a first year team like Brossart, the dominate team in Class A would figure that they would put up enough points to play freshmen.

I am not going to accuse Beechwood of running up the score. I feel wholeheartedly that when young kids, 2nd and 3rd teamers get their chance, they should play just as hard as if they were the starters.

Which leads me to one question for the Beechwood faithful. I was not at the game but was told that Beechwood did not bring their freshman team. Is this true? Certainly, against a first year team like Brossart, the dominate team in Class A would figure that they would put up enough points to play freshmen.

Let me give you a quick lesson about H. S. Football. There is noway a V team would bring their freshman to a V game unless their season is completely over, then they are given the opportunity to move up which is usually playoff time.

The freshman have their own season to play. NOway would a team jeopardize getting one of the young men hurt in a V game playing against Jr/Sr. Which brings me to another point about last nights game. I don't know if BB had their freshman dressed out or not but they did have several extra players on the sideline. When BHS had the 2/3rd team in why didn't BB sub w/some of their extra players?

I will say this, as excited as the BB fans were watching this game I can't imagine what they would be like if they ever put a good team on the field. Very Impressive!! If you ever want to come and cheer BHS on, BRING IT, we would enjoy having you. BHS fans never get that excited, shame on them!! HINT to the BHS faithful, believe it or not the players recognize this as one young man stated he was going to put something in writing to the Red, White and Stripes Newsletter regarding lack of crowd noise.

BHS, keep getting better, it isn't over yet!! BB, keep working on fundamentals and get into a weight room. Coach Keirnan should be able to help in this matter.

Let me give you a quick lesson about H. S. Football. There is noway a V team would bring their freshman to a V game unless their season is completely over, then they are given the opportunity to move up which is usually playoff time.

The freshman have their own season to play. NOway would a team jeopardize getting one of the young men hurt in a V game playing against Jr/Sr. Which brings me to another point about last nights game. I don't know if BB had their freshman dressed out or not but they did have several extra players on the sideline. When BHS had the 2/3rd team in why didn't BB sub w/some of their extra players?

I will say this, as excited as the BB fans were watching this game I can't imagine what they would be like if they ever put a good team on the field. Very Impressive!! If you ever want to come and cheer BHS on, BRING IT, we would enjoy having you. BHS fans never get that excited, shame on them!! HINT to the BHS faithful, believe it or not the players recognize this as one young man stated he was going to put something in writing to the Red, White and Stripes Newsletter regarding lack of crowd noise.

BHS, keep getting better, it isn't over yet!! BB, keep working on fundamentals and get into a weight room. Coach Keirnan should be able to help in this matter.

Small 1A schools triditonaly always dress everyone for the varsity games.