Louisville To Join The Big Ten??

Hearsay

I have thought for years this is where they should be. Would make football quite a bit tougher on them, and that is a major understatement. Basketball they would be just fine, and would probably be in the top 3 year in and year out. I know Coach P has it bad for the Big East, but IMHO this is a perfect fit for UL and the Big 10/11.

I would be shocked if this actually happened. U of L is finding there way in the Big East and doing it very succussfully across the board in mens and womens sports. Why should U of L leave? Why should the big 10 want UofL? To me, the answers to these questions really paint the picture to answer the original questions. U of L is staying in the Big East.

At this point I think the Big East is tougher than the Big 10.

Maybe this season, with Michigan being down and WVU being as stacked as they are. But long term, the rivalries and competition that Louisville could face wouldn't even be in comparison. I'm sure Louisville fans would love to see the likes of Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn State, and Michigan State rolling into Freedom Hall or into Papa Johns every year!

If it's more about the chance to win a championship, they need to stay put. If it's about money, well...

I'm not necessarily so sure on your first point. Here's why:

I think a lot of people would agree there is a good chance that were UofL/WVU/Rutgers/whoever else in the BEast to go undefeated, they would still get knocked out of a national title game berth because of the perceived weakness of the BEast w/regards to the other BCS conferences.

You could argue that the BEast is tougher than the Big 10 this year, but over the long term that's not going to be the case.

If they go undefeated as a Big 10 member, there's little danger of getting shut out of the BCS title game.