Bellevue 35 Ludlow 21

buttels

I will say the Bellevue vs. Dayton rivalry is a little more bigger of a rivalry just because of how close they are. However its not by much, just all three are big rivals of each other...

I dont think they would want to see Ludlow again though, because they do not matchup as well with Ludlow as they would against Dayton. Dayton runs pretty much the same type offense as Ludlow, but has to be more of a runningteam with it, and Bellevue run defense is very good and I wouldn't expect the offense to do much on that defense. While Ludlow who also has a good run game, but also a very good passing game, with people who can do stuff after they make the catch. Bellevue found that out last night. The defense for Bellevue is definitely their strenght, however the offense for Ludlow creates alot of problems for them. With Dayton I think they could shut down that offense, and still put up some points on them. Ludlow is a harder matchup for them, and also will have a Ludlow team that would know that their own mistakes killed them the first time and would be looking to revenge that...Just IMO Bellevue would be better off seeing Dayton in the playoffs, and would rather not see Ludlow again...

What makes you think Bellevue would be better off playing Dayton in the first round instead of Ludlow?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes you think Bellevue would be better off playing Dayton in the first round instead of Ludlow?

Wow just read my post that you just quoted me on, and it says why I think Bellevue would be better off against Dayton in the first round instead of seeing Ludlow again...

Turnovers ARE a part of the game. Teams can create turnovers by being in the right place at the right time (that is what team practice, film sessions, and 7 on 7 practices are for), stripping the ball, tip drills, shutting down the run and forcing the pass (a ball in the air belongs to anyone), and putting enough pressure on the QB to hurry a throw. So quit bellyaching about Bellevue's fortunes in the turnover department. They won, period!

Turnovers ARE a part of the game. Teams can create turnovers by being in the right place at the right time (that is what team practice, film sessions, and 7 on 7 practices are for), stripping the ball, tip drills, shutting down the run and forcing the pass (a ball in the air belongs to anyone), and putting enough pressure on the QB to hurry a throw. So quit bellyaching about Bellevue's fortunes in the turnover department. They won, period!

HAHA!!! I love this, because I remember last years thread after the Ludlow vs. Bellevue game when Ludlow won, and dealing with alot of posters about it. But yet now Bellevue posters want to say this to me? Even though what I have said is just the truth, and people who saw the game know that, even if they dont want to admit it...

Your right turnovers are part of the game, and I have gave credit to Bellevue for being there and taking advantage of it. My point is and what I have said every time is that Bellevue didn't cause any of them, it was all Ludlow. And the mistakes were people who usually never make them, that is what is so suprising about it all. The mistakes they made is stuff you usually never see from them. It was just one of those days for Ludlow yesterday and it happens. Bellevue didn't make the mistakes and they won. You can't make mistakes if you expect to win. I have gave Bellevue credit for that, because they did what they needed to do...

Well you can keep denying it all you want, and try to turn things around into the way you want. But me and you both know that what I have said is the truth...;)

Once again now congrats to Bellevue on the win. And I REALLY look forward to seeing you all again in the playoffs this year!:sssh: :thumb:

Well you can keep denying it all you want, and try to turn things around into the way you want. But me and you both know that what I have said is the truth...;)

Once again now congrats to Bellevue on the win. And I REALLY look forward to seeing you all again in the playoffs this year!:sssh: :thumb:

Exactly how is YOUR OPINION (and a very, very black and red colored one at that) even remotely to be considered "the truth?" I've seen a football game or two myself and your description of many of those plays in that "big 28 point swing" are at best self serving. Glad you're a fan of the Panthers, I have many many good friends and former players from that fine town, but I assure you, Bellevue will show up if a rematch is warranted. And I'll go on record to say the outcome won't be much different.

Exactly how is YOUR OPINION (and a very, very black and red colored one at that) even remotely to be considered "the truth?" I've seen a football game or two myself and your description of many of those plays in that "big 28 point swing" are at best self serving. Glad you're a fan of the Panthers, I have many many good friends and former players from that fine town, but I assure you, Bellevue will show up if a rematch is warranted. And I'll go on record to say the outcome won't be much different.

Haha Did you see the game??? Not many of the Bellevue faithful has even really disputed what I said, because seriously the mistakes Ludlow had was by players who usually dont make those mistakes. It was very crazy seeing some of the things that happened. Have you even seen Bellevue or Ludlow play any games this year? As I said before people better hope Ludlow dont beat Dayton this week...

Am I mistaking or did Ludlow take advantage of 7 Carroll Co. (or was it Trimble) turnovers? Does that mean that Carroll was the better team and "gave" Ludlow the win? But it is somehow different for Bellevue?

Excellent point Poet. FC only sees it one way. From the players I have spoken to, they would be happy to see Ludlow again.

Time for the Tigers to move on to the Breds.

Am I mistaking or did Ludlow take advantage of 7 Carroll Co. (or was it Trimble) turnovers? Does that mean that Carroll was the better team and "gave" Ludlow the win? But it is somehow different for Bellevue?

Well lets see here, you obviously just do not understand. In the Ludlow game against Carroll alot of turnovers were actually caused by the defense. Just like in Bellevues first two games alot of the turnovers they got in those games were caused by Bellevues defense. My point on this game was 3 out of the 4 turnovers were definitely not caused by the defense, and you know that as well as I do. That game was a game full of mistakes for Ludlow. And as I said before that is why I give credit to Bellevue, because you cant make mistakes and win, and Bellevue limited their mistakes to a small number, and deserved to win....

Excellent point Poet. FC only sees it one way. From the players I have spoken to, they would be happy to see Ludlow again.

Time for the Tigers to move on to the Breds.

Well as long as Ludlow takes care of business against Dayton this friday, they will be getting to see Ludlow. And also getting to see Ludlow celebrating on their home field like Bellevue did on ours. But this would be after a playoff victory...:thumb: