Ryle 23 Newport Central Catholic 18

bbleser

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No chip, just don't like the "should have" stuff. I don't see NCC losing another game until November....and that one will be a battle.

If you read my post you saw that I give credit to the kid for making the pick. If you have the ball in that position, you should score and have to score. That score would have won the game. Credit Ryle with making the pick. They won the game and deserved it.

NCC is a good football team. After shutting out CCH, they almost get a huge win over a good Rlye team. They may not be the second best in NKY but are 3-4 caliber. Boone or Beechwood must be considered 2-3. The Beechwood/NCC game is going to be a tough one. The problem with this is that it is hard to beat the same team twice - as proven in the playoffs in the past. I think the loser of this game beats them come playoffs. Good luck to NCC the rest of the way out.

Congrats to the Raiders for beating the Breds. Kicking is a big part of the game but stop with the coulda shoulda's already. How about get a kicker that doesnt pick soccer as their main sport?

Again, he didn't pick soccer, he was INJURED, and was on the sidelines. That had nothing to do with the outcome anyway, as you can't kick it if it is a bad snap. And yes, Ryle went for 2 after thrir last TD to try and make it a 7 point game.

Unfortunately all of the "should haves" in the world won't move that one from the loss column. Nice win Raiders. You should have won the game, and, well, you did.

Ryle deserved to win the game. BUT, where was the 3TD's victory and Blowout win I read about on this website for Ryle last week?

Ryle deserved to win the game. BUT, where was the 3TD's victory and Blowout win I read about on this website for Ryle last week?

I guess your post would make since, if Habib was the one calling for a 3 touchdown victory by Ryle. All he is trying to say is STOP the "would have/ could have/ should have" excuses.

I thought that both teams played very well Friday night. NCC definitely doesn't look as good as they have in years past, but have a lot of talent on this football team. I was impressed with Mark Kelly, NCC RB, who seemed to find holes in the Ryle OL. He kept NCC in the game. Kues made some solid throws, but a couple drops by Burke Beiting didn't help any. Brian Wrobleski had a nice catch on one of the drives. I really think he should get the ball a lot more than what I've seen in two games. Ryle showed a lot of poise coming out especially with Adam being out with food poisoning (I wasn't aware of that) I felt that Kiefer Eubank and Jaron did a nice job at runningback while he was out Friday. Benke continues to stray away from the pass. I'm not sure if Ryle can keep winning without him throwing the ball. Defense looked good as usual. Brizinski in on a lot of plays, Franke was all over the place, and Campbell's INT was clutch in those final seconds.

One thing that no one has mentioned, what about the lights going out at the game with 3:22 left in the second. The teams went to half time, came back, lights got fixed, played 3:22, went to a 10 minute half, Ryle went to the lockers, NCC stayed on the field, Schneider consoled with refs, put 5 minutes on the clock and they started the 3rd afterward. Does anyone see that as being something that could have affected either team? Ryle was driving at the time.

This was a great game for both teams. It could have gone either way. NCC may have lost this one, but gained some experience with a great team which makes them an even tougher team coming up on the district games. Mark Kelly is doing a good job at running back but I have to agree that I think they are not utilizing Brian Wrobleski since the kids has so much speed and can make things happen. BUT, I think it started off the same way last year and he proved himself to be a key player when it counted. Good luck to the BREDS again this year!

This was a great game for both teams. It could have gone either way. NCC may have lost this one, but gained some experience with a great team which makes them an even tougher team coming up on the district games. Mark Kelly is doing a good job at running back but I have to agree that I think they are not utilizing Brian Wrobleski since the kids has so much speed and can make things happen. BUT, I think it started off the same way last year and he proved himself to be a key player when it counted. Good luck to the BREDS again this year!

Yes NCC Family could not agree more both these boys are big play makers. I know the season is young. I see them going to the Wrobleski boy more in the upcoming weeks. Throwing the ball quickly and letting his talent and quickness do the talking. They have many talented players, its fun to watch. The meltdown we saw on the last drive friday night hopefully will not happen again. Glad to see this mistake made in week 3 not later when it sends us packing for the year. This team has to be considered a very strong candidate for a three peat. If we see a team as good as Ryle in AA I'll be really shocked. Things looking better this year than last at this point. Has to be exciting. We go on a big run from here.:walk: