Ryle 23 Newport Central Catholic 18

bbleser

Couldn't understand why they went with the two sophmore backs when Adam only carrier the ball 5 or 6 times and that wasn't until the fourth quarter when the Raiders marched up the field in about 2 minutes to reclaim the lead.

I thought the 2 young guys did great but with Adam in the backfield for four quarters I don't think it would have been close. And not passing until the final drive, what's that about? Hats off to Dylan Campbell. He out positioned the big guy for the INT and sealed the deal.

Adam Schmitz is a little ill with a virus.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam was up all Thursday night very sick - - went to school Friday but had to leave class several times. Hadn't eaten since Thursday evening - you are right the offense would have looked very different had he been 100%. I agree the score would not have been as close had everyone been on all cylinders. Glad we came away with a win - everyone stepped up and nice pic by Dylan. I heard the K for NewCath got hurt in a soccer match and may be out for a few weeks. Good luck Breds down the stretch!

We kind of thought that Adam may have been injuried or something, playing sparingly on both sides of the ball. Way to suck it up and get the job done when your team needed you Adam, shows a true team player. I can't imagine pounding the ball through the middle and making hits with food poisning. Had it once, never want to have it again. Hope you feel better soon.

This was a great game to watch. Those who know football programs are usually correct in their predictions or assumptions. I sat their last night with my friend of 32 years the RAIDERLADY, yes she game to the blue and gold side gressed in her orange. We predicted a squeaker and that is what we saw. During the week there was mention of a blow out, or its over by half, or NCC could roll over and fold. None of this came close to happening. I don't want to be mean but for those who were making those statements all week I sincerely hope it takes a few hours today to get the egg off your face. Two first class football programs very rarely ever blown out the other in a game. The weaker opponent if there is one usually finds a way to make the fight interesting. These two teams are going to seriously hurt many of their opponents the rest of the year. Good luck to both.:fight:

Thanks Proud Papa! It was wonderful to see you again, thanks for welcoming the orange shirt in the sea of blue and gold!! It was an incredible game to see. What a compettition this game turns out to be year after year. I hope this games stays on the schedule for a long time to come. They are both quality, classy programs and this non-district game just helps both teams get to where they want to be in December! Down to the final count it was either teams game to win or lose and both teams will learn so much about themselves that will help catapult them through the playoffs. Dylan, great interception!! I would like to see Ryle put the ball in the air a little more, they can do it they just have to believe they can do it. NCC players never gave up the fight. I hope their coaches take another look at their play calling on the last set of downs and rethink them if they get in that situation again. Even with the light delay, it was a great night of high school football. I hope both teams will support each other come December!!

BTW Proud Papa, I didn't realize we met when we were three since we have been friends 32 years and now we are only 35! :lol: :lol:

According to the box score, Ryle kicked a FG and missed their last XP, thus the 23 points.

So if the game played out like 98NCCalum said, if the kicker was healthy they would have conceivably been down 23-21 on their last drive. And at least they would have had the option to attempt a FG for the win.

Ryle's kicker did not miss an XP. They went for 2 after the last TD and did not succeed thus the 23-18 score. The Kaufman 32yd FG was a huge game difference maker too. Had he not made that, NC could have attempted one on their last drive. As it was, the FG forced them to have to put the pigskin in the end zone.

According to the box score, Ryle kicked a FG and missed their last XP, thus the 23 points.

So if the game played out like 98NCCalum said, if the kicker was healthy they would have conceivably been down 23-21 on their last drive. And at least they would have had the option to attempt a FG for the win.

Ryle's kicker did not miss an XP. They went for 2 after the last TD and did not succeed thus the 23-18 score. The Kaufman 32yd FG was a huge game difference maker too. Had he not made that, NC could have attempted one on their last drive. As it was, the FG forced them to have to put the pigskin in the end zone.

That boy can kick the snot out of the ball, when the wind was blowing last night I thought he would be able to kick one from a mile away. He is scary

you are so correct. The team that SHOULD have one did. But, guess what they came within one play of not. Remove the chip from the shoulder, your problem a pretty good person

No chip, just don't like the "should have" stuff. I don't see NCC losing another game until November....and that one will be a battle.

Thanks Proud Papa! It was wonderful to see you again, thanks for welcoming the orange shirt in the sea of blue and gold!! It was an incredible game to see. What a compettition this game turns out to be year after year. I hope this games stays on the schedule for a long time to come. They are both quality, classy programs and this non-district game just helps both teams get to where they want to be in December! Down to the final count it was either teams game to win or lose and both teams will learn so much about themselves that will help catapult them through the playoffs. Dylan, great interception!! I would like to see Ryle put the ball in the air a little more, they can do it they just have to believe they can do it. NCC players never gave up the fight. I hope their coaches take another look at their play calling on the last set of downs and rethink them if they get in that situation again. Even with the light delay, it was a great night of high school football. I hope both teams will support each other come December!!

BTW Proud Papa, I didn't realize we met when we were three since we have been friends 32 years and now we are only 35! :lol: :lol:

In your dreams RAIDERLADY 35 was a few years ago...but you still look like you did when you were 13

No chip, just don't like the "should have" stuff. I don't see NCC losing another game until November....and that one will be a battle.

Agreed!!! Beechwood will be the next game that they really have a tough game.. I really like what the NCC coaching staff have done early in this season by scheduling some very tough games to see where they really are... To bad the beechwood game really wont mean that much this year because it is going to be a good one

In your dreams RAIDERLADY 35 was a few years ago...but you still look like you did when you were 13

I know it's been a couple of years but a girl can dream can't she? Before you know it between kids and grandkids I will have 35 years in of going to football games! and thanks for not mentioning the VERY slight difference in our ages!

:sssh: :sssh: