Best players not to win Mr. Football

stick1

Dale Mueller, NCOY, was the reason AC didn't win it. If Dale would have used AC like he did in the State game all season, his numbers would have made it a "no brainer". Same could be said for a lot of past HHS stalwarts that played only 1/2 a game for most the season.

Why is everyone slighting Andrews? Did any of you watch him play? In my opinion, if you take AC off of Highlands team, they win the state championship last year going away. If you take Andrews off of Ft. Campbell they are a good team, but not a state champion.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it should also be noted that some years there are not that many top players in the state. For example a year that has a lot of really good players may have their 3rd best player be better than a down years best player. I think Austin Collinsworth was a tremendous player but I don't think he was the best player to not win Mr. Kentucky football.

Why is everyone slighting Andrews? Did any of you watch him play? In my opinion, if you take AC off of Highlands team, they win the state championship last year going away. If you take Andrews off of Ft. Campbell they are a good team, but not a state champion.

Not trying to slight Mr. Andrews at all...he's a fabulous talent and deserving of the honor.. And if you take a player the caliber of Andrews off a smaller squad it will make a more significant difference. I'm just saying AC COULD have had way better numbers if he was in a more "selfish" system. Heck...I congratulate everyone even MENTIONED in this thread for they had to have had an outstanding career!

Not trying to slight Mr. Andrews at all...he's a fabulous talent and deserving of the honor.. And if you take a player the caliber of Andrews off a smaller squad it will make a more significant difference. I'm just saying AC COULD have had way better numbers if he was in a more "selfish" system. Heck...I congratulate everyone even MENTIONED in this thread for they had to have had an outstanding career!

Such as the previously mentioned Corey Farris?