Best players not to win Mr. Football

stick1

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frisk was the real deal. A buddy of mine played with Justin and he tells me all the time how J. Frisk was a man amongst boys out there.

Frisk was fun to watch.

I am not a fan of HHS, but I do like watching quality football no matter where it is played. So I made the drive from NKY to see Frisk and company play Bell County in the playoffs his senior year. Well worth the drive, to say the least.

Some players from NKY over the years.

Brad Dietz - QB CCH

Mark Pike - RB Dixie

George Duvall - RB Boone County

Jim Lokesak - RB Ludlow

Matt O'Toole - QB Dixie

Tim and Todd Shulte - CCH

Mark Meyer(?) - FB Scott

Chris Gaelicio (?) - QB HHS

Eddie Eviston - QB NCC

I can't believe my man SM32 referred to George "The Bowling Ball" Duvall as a player for the soft blue Rebels.

Ask Highlands 93 and Tom Duffy how good he was.

Yeah, I am going with Bret Hamblem as the Best to never win it. He could do it anywhere on the football field. My vote as Highlands greatest f.b. athlete ever, and I have seen a bunch.

Also, Austin Collinsworth, that was a joke last yr. I think the jury is still out on that one. Are you kidding me? WOW.

Yeah, I am going with Bret Hamblem as the Best to never win it. He could do it anywhere on the football field. My vote as Highlands greatest f.b. athlete ever, and I have seen a bunch.

Also, Austin Collinsworth, that was a joke last yr. I think the jury is still out on that one. Are you kidding me? WOW.

I agree, you cant take him over Hamblen, Derek Smith, Gino, or even Grover

Uhhhhhh, you mean this in a good way, right?

Chris Redman!

Agreed!!

It seems that most of everybody is choosing players from their school or region, which is appropriate because thats who you saw play the most. Not being from Lousiville, Chris Redman was a great HS QB and if he had led his team to the finals he would have most likely won it over Alexander. It makes sense that there are so many Bluebirds and Rocks being listed, since they have combined to win many state finals.

Edited by woodyccrr

Please explain the bolded .

Max-Preps All-American , scholly to ND.??? :confused:

Some players from NKY over the years.

Brad Dietz - QB CCH

Mark Pike - RB Dixie

George Duvall - RB Boone County

Jim Lokesak - RB Ludlow

Matt O'Toole - QB Dixie

Tim and Todd Shulte - CCH

Mark Meyer(?) - FB Scott

Chris Gaelicio (?) - QB HHS

Eddie Eviston - QB NCC

In 30+ years of watching Highlands football, Chris Gallichio (not sure of that spelling either) might have been my all time favorite to watch. (I'm a big fan of the option done well.) I think he's a cop somewhere in Northern Kentucky these days. That was truly an entertaining team.

Please explain the bolded .

Max-Preps All-American , scholly to ND.??? :confused:

That is the problem, Collinsworth didn't win it. I also thought he should've had it easily. His credentials and play warranted that award.