Heisman Race... After Week 1:

Riverside 157

What about Ian Johnson does he stand a chance of winning it or does it already belong to John David Booty?

John David Booty? If it is anyone's by acclimation, I don't think it would be his. USC is most assuredly the best team, but I don't think anyone thinks he is the best player on that team. At least I don't. Let's wait and see how he plays in some hostile environs before we crown him the champ.

I doubt Ian Johnson has a shot at getting a NYC invite.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not wrapped up on this subject and will absolutly not miss 10 seconds of sleep on who ever wins the Heisman, just wondering what everyone is thinking at this stage of the game. I think of these first couple of weeks as derby preps. If you dont shine in the money, your out of the competition. Given that I would think that BB is still in the running. Yes UL and everyone else needs to go undefeated and win big for their man to win the Heisman, yet, teams must win big against the patsys as well....

Enjoy week 2....

After only one week, especially one where most of the top teams are facing inferior competition, there aren't many guys whose stock is dramatically changing one way or the other.

The only guys I really see being affected much by this past week are Henne and Hart, who despite putting up pretty good numbers, will have that loss hanging over them all season.

I guess you could say a few guys who were afterthoughts like Tashard Choice, Matt Ryan or Demarco Murray have at least put themselves on the radar after some pretty good performances.

Ray Rice- 25 rushes 184 yards 3 touchdowns.

Daren McFaden- 24 rushes 151 yards 1 rushing touchdown 1 recieving.

John David Booty- 21 of 32 206 yards 3 touchdowns 1 interception.

Pat White- 10 of 18 192 yards 2 touchdown passes 97 rushing yards 2 rushing touchdowns.

Steve Slaton- 16 rushes 109 yards 3 touchdowns.

Brian Brohm- 16 of 21 375 yards 5 total touchdowns.

Colt Brennan- 34 of 40 416 yards 6 touchdowns.

Ian Johnson- 18 rushes 128 yards 3 touchdowns.

Mike Hart- 23 rushes 188 yards 3 touchdowns.

I know thats a long list but those are pretty much the front runners. With Michigan getting beat that does hurt Hart a bit but those are still some nice numbers. Out of all of those Booty and Slaton didn't play too well. Rice, Brohm and Brennan looked pretty good. Looks like Brennan is off for another 5,000 yard 50 touchdown season.

Ray Rice- 25 rushes 184 yards 3 touchdowns.

Daren McFaden- 24 rushes 151 yards 1 rushing touchdown 1 recieving.

John David Booty- 21 of 32 206 yards 3 touchdowns 1 interception.

Pat White- 10 of 18 192 yards 2 touchdown passes 97 rushing yards 2 rushing touchdowns.

Steve Slaton- 16 rushes 109 yards 3 touchdowns.

Brian Brohm- 16 of 21 375 yards 5 total touchdowns.

Colt Brennan- 34 of 40 416 yards 6 touchdowns.

Ian Johnson- 18 rushes 128 yards 3 touchdowns.

Mike Hart- 23 rushes 188 yards 3 touchdowns.

I know thats a long list but those are pretty much the front runners. With Michigan getting beat that does hurt Hart a bit but those are still some nice numbers. Out of all of those Booty and Slaton didn't play too well. Rice, Brohm and Brennan looked pretty good. Looks like Brennan is off for another 5,000 yard 50 touchdown season.

What about Andre' Woodson.......

What about Andre' Woodson.......

Woodson won't even be thought of come the Hesiman ceremony. Woodson is a quaterback in the toughest confrence in the country. Kentucky will have a 5-6 win season, and Woodson will have a season just like last year. Tebow and Flynn will have better shots than Woodson because of their teams, who are both ranked in the top 5.

OK, so we all know that Woodson probably won't win the Heisman.

BUT when ESPN has him on thier Heisman watch, you cannot give UK fans crap for bringing him up. Get over it.

2006 Stats:

Woodson: 264/419 (63%), 3515yds, 31TD (1 every 13.5 attempts), 7 INT (1 every 60 attempts)

Brohm: 199/313 (63.6%), 3049yds, 16TD (1 every 19.5 attempts), 5 INT (1 every 62.6 attempts)