Heisman Race... After Week 1:

Riverside 157

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so we all know that Woodson probably won't win the Heisman.

BUT when ESPN has him on thier Heisman watch, you cannot give UK fans crap for bringing him up. Get over it.

2006 Stats:

Woodson: 264/419 (63%), 3515yds, 31TD (1 every 13.5 attempts), 7 INT (1 every 60 attempts)

Brohm: 199/313 (63.6%), 3049yds, 16TD (1 every 19.5 attempts), 5 INT (1 every 62.6 attempts)

Calm down, calm down. I wasn't trying to give UK fans anything, I was just saying. IMO he is a very good QB, but not near Hesiman form. But like riverside said, team wins matters in this award. Brohm will have around 12 of those while Woodson will have around 5, 6, or 7.

^ Great comparison above but you should also put in there:

2006 Wins:

Woodson: 7 (I think, maybe 8...)

Brohm: 12 (Not all his, I think he missed a game or two)....

Point is, TEAM Wins make a difference in this award.

Do we need to get into the schedules or are we just going to act like they play equal opponents?

They are both legit in my eyes!

Are they both legit?...Definitley. I don't, however, believe they are both Heisman candidates...

Kipper has them listed as the #1 and #6 picks in the draft! If those aren't preseason heismen candidates then somebody needs to drop the blinders!

It's hard to exclude the best QB in the toughest confrence in the nation.

Brennan, Brohm, Booty and Woodson are the top SR QB's that I can think of right off.

It's hard to exclude the best QB in the toughest confrence in the nation.

I don't have any blinders on...Woodson had his best season last year, and got his team to a bowl game. Congrats. If he puts up those numbers again this year, I'll give him more credit. IMO, Im giving him the credit he has earned to this point....

QB's

Colt Brennan/Hawaii

Brian Brohm/Louisville

John David Booty/USC

Pat White/WV

Andre' Woodson/UK

Running Backs

Darren McFadden/Arkansas

Steve Slaton/WV

Ray Rice/Rutgers

Tashard Choice/G Tech

Mike Hart/Michigan

Wide Receiver

DeSean Jackson/Cal

There are your candidates but the bolded are the most likely in my eyes to win it.

Is Armanti Edwards eligible???

It's very hard to come across a guy like Brennan who can throw for over 5,000 yards in just 12-13 games a year, and plus over 50 touchdowns.

No it isn't. How about the last 5 Texas Tech QB's, and Timmy Chang, for starters. Colt Brennan is a nice QB in a great system, and while he probably will earn an invite to NYC for the Heisman show, he won't be leaving with it. He also will watch a lot of other QB's get drafted before him next April.

I'll say it right here -- John David Booty will NOT win the Heisman. He is a fraud. He is an average QB on a great Team and I have to believe that the Media and Voters are smart enough to realize that.

I'll say this too -- they will lose a game this year that he will essentially cost them. He'll play poorly, he'll get balls knocked down, and he won't be bailed out by Dwayne Jarrett on iffy throws.

Bring this back up in December and see how I did. ;):D :thumb: