Heisman Race... After Week 1:

Riverside 157

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the first week really has any kind of affect on the heisman race. Most teams are playing gimme's and everyone is padding up their numbers at the moment. It will be a few weeks before any players really start to separate themselves.

That is true. Although a few guys may have hurt themselves like Henne and Hart, but I'm not sure what kind of contenders they would have been anyhow.

That is true. Although a few guys may have hurt themselves like Henne and Hart, but I'm not sure what kind of contenders they would have been anyhow.
:thumb:

Good post. Some may have hurt their chances, but none of the hopefulls that really did anything they were not supposed to do (which was dominate).

As Bugatti and Habib referred to above, I don't think you can win the Heisman in Week #1 but you can hurt yourself (and some did). I think the cast of characters is the same moving forward...

I doubt UL putting up 73 on Murray (and 56, I believe, with BB in the game) swayed many voters. At least I would hope not.

I think Colt Brennan may end up getting an invite, but I'll be flat-out shocked if he wins the Heisman. Actually, way beyond shocked.