Henry Clay at Boyle County

Who will win this game?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this game?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game is at Boyle County on the grass. That might slow the Blue Devil offense somewhat.

Henry Clay's defense, an area of concern and an area of emphasis all spring and summer camp, was poor against Warren Central. They gave up over 400 yards in that game. Boyle County moved the ball well against Bowling Green.

From what I have seen, I fear that Henry Clay will have to outscore their opponents this season. Hal Mumme football.

This one might be closer than one would guess.

I think Henry Clay rolls...and rolls real big...is Boyle County gone?

:confused: :confused: No they're still in the same place they've been since 1963:lol: :lol:

Actually I think that we have seen the last of what Boyle was under Smith. I do hope these kids do well this year but I just can't see it under the current coaching staff. Perhaps I'll be proven wrong and I do so hope that will be the case.

This year's game vs. Henry Clay looks like another Blue Devil win. History has shown that Boyle has had some impressive wins and great games against Henry Clay in the past. Taking the Mr. Network role with the series:

2001 Boyle over HC 32-0

2002 Boyle over HC 35-0

2003 Boyle over HC 46-7

2004 Boyle over HC 45-21

2005 HC over Boyle 48-13

2006 HC over Boyle 53-10

Prior to the current series between the two schools the only other meetings I recall were from the old CKC Bowl in 1976 and 1978.

1976 Boyle beat Henry Clay 28-27 when the Rebels stopped a Blue Devil 2 point conversion attempt late in the game.

1978 Henry Clay beat Boyle 30-10 by commanding the 2nd half after a 16-10 halftime score.

It's been an interesting series between the two schools with Boyle playing the Devils at the height of their run and Henry Clay beginning to show dominance in the last two years as the programs went in different directions.

I do recall that the first game in 2001 was shown on a Lexington station as one of the early locally televised High School games.

With who BC plays this week and next week, I wonder what the chances are of BC opening up the season 0-3?

If any school (5A and under) has a tougher schedule than Boyle I'd like to see it. The competition should help ready them for the playoffs, but can morale survive until then? I hope so. Go Rebels!