NFL Suspends Vick Indefinitely Without Pay

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d801c32be&template=with-video&confirm=true

Vick suspended indefinitely

Commissioner Roger Goodell notified Michael Vick on Friday that he is suspended indefinitely without pay from the National Football League, effective immediately.

Following are excerpts from Commissioner Goodell’s letter to Vick:

» "Your admitted conduct was not only illegal, but also cruel and reprehensible. Your team, the NFL, and NFL fans have all been hurt by your actions."

» "Your plea agreement and the plea agreements of your co-defendants also demonstrate your significant involvement in illegal gambling. Even if you personally did not place bets, as you contend, your actions in funding the betting and your association with illegal gambling both violate the terms of your NFL Player Contract and expose you to corrupting influences in derogation of one of the most fundamental responsibilities of an NFL player."

» "You have engaged in conduct detrimental to the welfare of the NFL and have violated the league’s Personal Conduct Policy."........

After Mike gets out, I believe his first phone call will be something like this...

"Hello...Winnipeg Blue Bombers/Calgary Stampeders/insert CFL team here? This is Ron Mexico and I was wondering when you were having tryouts for the team..."

:D

After Mike gets out, I believe his first phone call will be something like this...

"Hello...Winnipeg Blue Bombers/Calgary Stampeders/insert CFL team here? This is Ron Mexico and I was wondering when you were having tryouts for the team..."

I hope he has to go play in Japan or something. The CFL is too good for him. Maybe if France came up with a league.

My memory might be faulty but, I saw on ESPNews that he wouldn't be able to play in the CFL as a convicted felon. Did anybody else see or hear of this?

While watching Fox News this morning, they had a report that a woman is selling Vick cards on Ebay. What's so special about the auctions are that she is letting her dog chew on them and then she adds the cards to an auction. All the proceeds are going to the Humane Society. :thumb: