Jay Glazer's Rant on Bengals and KY

Hatz

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anything about moonshine or stupid liquor laws that he stated in the article that were false?

You can't tell me you don't know some redneck selling moonshine, or someone who does at least. We all do, it's the nature of where we live.

I can honestly say that I know no one who sells moonshine.

Hilarious article! He's dead-on about the grammar and spelling. It's something that I see and hear everyday, and GRATES on my nerves like nothing else!

Here's the truth...if we want respect for ourselves, then we need to conduct ourselves in a respectable manner. That includes speaking and communicating in English, using grammar rules and learning to spell.

He's also dead-on about the situation in dry counties. You either have people driving further away to get drunk, then drive home; or you have people selling alcohol illegally. And yes....they still make and sell moonshine in Kentucky.

Hilarious article! He's dead-on about the grammar and spelling. It's something that I see and hear everyday, and GRATES on my nerves like nothing else!

Here's the truth...if we want respect for ourselves, then we need to conduct ourselves in a respectable manner. That includes speaking and communicating in English, using grammar rules and learning to spell.

He's also dead-on about the situation in dry counties. You either have people driving further away to get drunk, then drive home; or you have people selling alcohol illegally. And yes....they still make and sell moonshine in Kentucky.

Well, is it okay for one of our C-J reporters for instance to go ahead and rant on his trip to NY? Let's see, I'll give it a shot.....

"Good grief, my trip to New York last week was pathetic. Just what I expected. It's true that there's something to do at all hours of each and every day, that is if you can wade through the crack pushers and prostitutes. Is there no limits to where you can solicit? Gang bangers spewing profanity laden tyrades because someone rolled through his "hood" with some rims that he didn't like. And how do you decifer the dialect? There's not much intelligible english spoken here past the hours of 11:00 p.m.. And for what it's worth, my trip to the center of our "melting pot" couldn't have been any more obscene than to see all of the open sexual activity in the middle of the street, of course I didn't know if it was something that was consentual, illegal, or services rendered. Please someone help me make it through one more cab ride to the airport so I can return to a place with some assimilance to sanity,,,,,,let alone a place with humility and manners."

What exactly would the difference be? I would hope that any Kentuckian would be slightly offended at least.

Well, is it okay for one of our C-J reporters for instance to go ahead and rant on his trip to NY? Let's see, I'll give it a shot.....

"Good grief, my trip to New York last week was pathetic. Just what I expected. It's true that there's something to do at all hours of each and every day, that is if you can wade through the crack pushers and prostitutes. Is there no limits to where you can solicit? Gang bangers spewing profanity laden tyrades because someone rolled through his "hood" with some rims that he didn't like. And how do you decifer the dialect? There's not much intelligible english spoken here past the hours of 11:00 p.m.. And for what it's worth, my trip to the center of our "melting pot" couldn't have been any more obscene than to see all of the open sexual activity in the middle of the street, of course I didn't know if it was something that was consentual, illegal, or services rendered. Please someone help me make it through one more cab ride to the airport so I can return to a place with some assimilance to sanity,,,,,,let alone a place with humility and manners."

What exactly would the difference be? I would hope that any Kentuckian would be slightly offended at least.

The difference would be, you would misspell multiple words in your article.

Dechipher, not decifer.

And tirades, not tyrades.

;)

I'm sorry, but I'm not the least bit offended. If what he says is true, what is there to be offended about? Frankly, it's very true, and not just in rural parts of the state.

I was in NKY a couple of weeks ago, and I passed a Taco Bell who's marquee sign was lettered to welcome home two soliders from Iraq. There were several "N" letters on the board, and EVERY ONE of them was placed backward. Now, I'm not a rocket scientist, but wouldn't you notice that something didn't look right, and rectify it? It made them look unintelligent, and it was an easy fix.

I'm sorry, but I'm not the least bit offended. If what he says is true, what is there to be offended about? Frankly, it's very true, and not just in rural parts of the state.

I was in NKY a couple of weeks ago, and I passed a Taco Bell who's marquee sign was lettered to welcome home two soliders from Iraq. There were several "N" letters on the board, and EVERY ONE of them was placed backward. Now, I'm not a rocket scientist, but wouldn't you notice that something didn't look right, and rectify it? It made them look unintelligent, and it was an easy fix.

Yet you make it seem as if this is only a Kentucky problem.

I saw that exact sign! I chuckled to myself but you're right, it's everywhere.

I'm not offended b/c what he said was true. Anyone that is offended needs to look in a mirror, this is who we are, live it.

You're offended b/c some NY'er told us this is how we live, ok, it is.

Yet you make it seem as if this is only a Kentucky problem.

No...that's not what I'm doing.

What I'm saying is that we have to worry about what we portray to the rest of the world. I don't care if it's in every other state. And I know it is. But that doesn't excuse the fact at all. Nor does it negate the fact that he was correct in what he wrote.

No...that's not what I'm doing.

What I'm saying is that we have to worry about what we portray to the rest of the world. I don't care if it's in every other state. And I know it is. But that doesn't excuse the fact at all. Nor does it negate the fact that he was correct in what he wrote.

You see, I don't deny the fact that we should and can portray ourselves to the rest of the world in a different light. But what I'd like to point out is this,,,when the horse's rearend was belittling the manager of the bar, the manager still treated him with respect and class. What does that portray? What Glazer depicts as ignorance was a manager acting politely instead of calling the police early or telling him he was a pompous jerk who can take his NY accent and his little column and attitude and ride it all the way home. I suppose that counts for nothing, regardless of his grammar and enunciation.