Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jay Glazer's Rant on Bengals and KY

Featured Replies

I dont like how he makes fun of our state but we do have some really stupid laws.

  • Replies 109
  • Views 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a fan of dry counties either, and it is worth noting that Kentucky is not the only state to have them.

 

But, the article did bother me. I can't stand that stereotype being perpetuated. If you go somewhere looking for something specific, you're bound to find it, and it is extensively evident that he came to Kentucky looking for the very thing he littered his article with.

 

And had he gone to Cinci to drink, he would have found he couldn't smoke there. I'm certain he wouldn't have treated that personal decision issue with the same vitriol he treated Kentucky's, chiefly because it doesn't fit into a cheap stereotype.

I'm not a fan of dry counties either, and it is worth noting that Kentucky is not the only state to have them.

 

But, the article did bother me. I can't stand that stereotype being perpetuated. If you go somewhere looking for something specific, you're bound to find it, and it is extensively evident that he came to Kentucky looking for the very thing he littered his article with.

 

And had he gone to Cinci to drink, he would have found he couldn't smoke there. I'm certain he wouldn't have treated that personal decision issue with the same vitriol he treated Kentucky's, chiefly because it doesn't fit into a cheap stereotype.

He's from NYC and there is a no smoking policy there. Invalid point...

He's from NYC and there is a no smoking policy there. Invalid point...

 

It will be invalid when I see his condescending drivel on why he can't have a cigar at a ball game with his fellow narcissistic New Yawkas. They don't exactly carry a reputation for cunning linguistics, either, the last time I checked.

He's a brash Yankee punk but a lot of what he says is the truth. We have some stupid laws in Kentucky when it comes to alcohol. We also are like about every other state in KY with a lot of undereducated people that could care less. I don't doubt it a bit that he met them in KY but I promise you I could find them in "The Big Apple!"

It will be invalid when I see his condescending drivel on why he can't have a cigar at a ball game with his fellow narcissistic New Yawkas. They don't exactly carry a reputation for cunning linguistics, either, the last time I checked.

So I'm only wrong because you want to wait to be right? Dry counties and silly alcohol laws are quite a change for most of the American population...

So I'm only wrong because you want to wait to be right? Dry counties and silly alcohol laws are quite a change for most of the American population...

 

I admitted those laws are dumb. Had his complaint leveled against Kentucky simply been that 'dry county laws are dumb,' I wouldn't have bothered posting. But he wove the dry counties into the toothless, barefoot, uneducated stereotype as if they were intrinsically related. And that is a really annoying stereotype...to me at least. But, my point was he wouldn't treat an equal encroachment of personal choice in another region the same way.

But, my point was he wouldn't treat an equal encroachment of personal choice in another region the same way.

And that's where you are wrong on this one. He's an equal opportunity offender...

Hard to believe they actually posted that article on their website. But hey, everyone's entitled to his opinion.

No way that conversation took place.

And that's where you are wrong on this one. He's an equal opportunity offender...

 

I guess, I don't read his stuff, but it's hard to imagine him retaining any kind of readership if all of his equal opportunity offenses are as lame as this one.

I couldn't be happier about the article. Anything that will help keep the NY folks out of my state in the future is appreciated.

FWIW, I know a dozen guys that just finished putting up hay in Boyd Co. that could choke out Glaze in the octagon, a bar, a barn, and so on.

Is there anything about moonshine or stupid liquor laws that he stated in the article that were false?

 

You can't tell me you don't know some redneck selling moonshine, or someone who does at least. We all do, it's the nature of where we live.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.