Jay Glazer's Rant on Bengals and KY

Hatz

No, but he insults the intelligence of all Kentuckians in his rant. I'd guess that Mr. Glazer isn't exactly a Mensa member himself.
It doesn't take a MENSA member to see simple grammatical mistakes that are everywhere. And no, those do not happen everywhere.

When someone says that they seen something, or something along those lines, I cringe everytime.

People type that on here every day.

I seen them down at the store. No you didn't, you saw them. :madman: :madman:

Sorry pet peeve!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't take a MENSA member to see simple grammatical mistakes that are everywhere. And no, those do not happen everywhere.

When someone says that they seen something, or something along those lines, I cringe everytime.

Sorry pet peeve!

)

You're right, as the grammar police you would know that these mistakes only happen in Kentucky. I'm wrong!:rolleyes:

Sorry pet peeve!

What about "I done did that". :creepy:

It happens everywhere around the country, spindoc. But that doesn't excuse us.

I agree he was rude to the bartender. But, being in the service industry myself, I guess I'm numb to that. It's part of the job.

What a stupid article! First of all there are a large amount of intelligent people in Georgetown, Lexington, etc. There are also some idiots. Guess what there are a ton of smart people in New York and there are also a lot of idiots. I am sorry, but just because a person does not speak with the best grammar does not make him or her a "dumb hillbilly." This guy is probably some rich privelaged jerk who wants to act like he is better than people from Kentucky. He wrote an article about Bengals training camp that was a joke.

I am sorry, but just because a person does not speak with the best grammar does not make him or her a "dumb hillbilly."
Like it or not, in the eyes of the rest of America, if you're from KY, that is EXACTLY what it makes you.

That is what RM and I are saying, fix your grammar, educate yourself. If we're above that, then let's be above it.

Like it or not, in the eyes of the rest of America, if you're from KY, that is EXACTLY what it makes you.

That is what RM and I are saying, fix your grammar, educate yourself. If we're above that, then let's be above it.

Here is the thing. I am educated. I have a college education. And have been lucky enough to have good parents and been given opportunities to better myself and been pushed to that goal. I am from Bell County where most people do not have the same opportunity to succeed as I have. And just because a person talks with an accent or does not pronounce words correctly does not mean they are an uneducated hillbilly. I think it is ignorance on his part to come to Georgetown for a couple days and meet a handful of people and then go back and right an article bashing our state because they would not give him a beer at a certain time basically.

Just because the things he says may be true of a segment of the population, and in some areas, he has no right to broadly characterize our state in such a negative way. He's rehashing every stereotype ever created about Kentucky in a blatant attempt to make himself look cool, sophisticated, and urbane. Having to tap into readers' misconceptions like that really shows a lack of both character and ability on his part.