Tikki and Eli at it

To say they are not going at it is wrong. There is a lil bit of a "cold war" battle going on here. Both are playing the whole who can say the more nicer, bad comments about each other.

You think Eli has it bad now. He better pray Rivers doesn't have the kinda season some are predicting. Eli needs to step up. He's no rook anymore.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To say they are not going at it is wrong. There is a lil bit of a "cold war" battle going on here. Both are playing the whole who can say the more nicer, bad comments about each other.

You think Eli has it bad now. He better pray Rivers doesn't have the kinda season some are predicting. Eli needs to step up. He's no rook anymore.

I'd say Eli is focused more on himself than Phillip Rivers.

Eli has looked very sharp thus far in the pre-season. Especially against what some consider the league's best D (The Ravens).

I thought Tikki was a little more classy than that but I was glad to see Eli stand his ground. I agree with Manning that Tikki didn't handle things very well last season. I guess I agree with both of them to an extent.

I agree. Tiki became a big distraction last year as a result of his own actions. While he's not completely incorrect about Eli, it sounds like he's trying to deflect blame from himself.

Tiki looks like an idiot here IMO.

Anyone else notice that the two players who defended Eli were white, and the player who said that he didn't think Tiki said that on his own was black? :fire:

Why is it everyone wants to bring race up? This has nothing to do with anyone's skin color.

Tiki may be correct but he never should have made his retirement plans known when the GMen were doing pretty good during the first half of the season.

In all fairness, Tiki didn't let his retirement plans be known. It was accidentally leaked to a reporter that he was considering retirement...then from there he went ahead and announced his plans. He had intended to keep it quiet at first...

Here's my opinion on things. I am upset that Tiki would say these things about a former teammate. However, I am happy that Eli is standing up for himself and not backing down.

Yeah, I guess we can say Eli is a big boy now...

:confused:

Yeah, I guess we can say Eli is a big boy now...

:confused:

Say whatever you want. Some will always insist on hating Eli because of his name. Most criticize him for being too laid back, and now he is stepping up and defending himself. I don't think Eli would have said these things 2 years ago..or last year.

IMO if Tiki had issues with Eli he should have adressed them last year at that time one on one with Eli. That's leadership, not calling him out on national tv especially now that he's not associated with the franchise any more.