Who is really playing Evansville Reitz during the first week???

I was looking at the KHSAA scoreboard site and during the first week there are TWO teams from Kentucky scheduled to play Evansville's Frank J. Reitz Memorial High School.

Owensboro Catholic is listed as playing Evansville F.J. Reitz on August 24.

Owensboro High is listed as playing Evansville Reitz Memorial on August 25.

I do know that Evansville has one high school with Reitz in the name and it's Frank J. Reitz Memorial High School.

So I was wondering if anyone from Owensboro give me an idea as to what is up with the scheduling for that weekend.

THANKS!!!

Evansville Reitz is playing OCHS on Aug 24th.

Reitz is "Officially" Evansville F.J. Ritz HS

Evansville Memorial is playing OHS on Aug 25th.

Memorial is "Officially" Evansville Reitz Memorial HS

Well that really clears things up for me. Although I'm not sure why two schools in the same town are named after the same person.

With this cleared up, good luck to both Kentucky teams that are playing the Evansville schools.

To add to the confusion, I think both games are being played at the famous Reitz Bowl Stadium

Actually I believe that Owensboro Catholic will play F.J. Reitz High School on Robert "Bullet" Wilson Field at Steele Stadium located on the campus of Kentucky Wesleyan College. And Owensboro Senior will play Reitz Memorial at Rash Stadium on the campus of Owensboro High School.

I was looking at the KHSAA scoreboard site and during the first week there are TWO teams from Kentucky scheduled to play Evansville's Frank J. Reitz Memorial High School.

Owensboro Catholic is listed as playing Evansville F.J. Reitz on August 24.

Owensboro High is listed as playing Evansville Reitz Memorial on August 25.

I do know that Evansville has one high school with Reitz in the name and it's Frank J. Reitz Memorial High School.

So I was wondering if anyone from Owensboro give me an idea as to what is up with the scheduling for that weekend.

THANKS!!!

Not to add to any confusion, but the scheduled radio broadcast has the following: Evansville Mater Dei at Catholic 08/24 Steele Stadium 8:00, then on 08/25 Evansville Reitz Memorial at Owensboro - Rash Stadium 5:00. In addition to those games on 08/24 Evansville Harrison plays Apollo at 5:00 at Steele Stadium and Evansville Bosse plays Daviess County at 7:30 at Rash Stadium. Of course Rash Stadium is located at Owensboro High and Steele is located on the KWC campus.

Those that follow the Lexington Horsemen may know who Reitz's coach is, John Hart who coaches the Evansville Blue Cats. Or should I say did coach the Evansville Blue Cats. Hart has built one of the best programs in Southern Indiana. There were in 5A but are going to 4A this year. Reitz is a team I have wanted Henderson to pick up for a long time. Catholic will have thier hands full. Reitz is very well coached and usually doesn't make a lot of mistakes.

Those that follow the Lexington Horsemen may know who Reitz's coach is, John Hart who coaches the Evansville Blue Cats. Or should I say did coach the Evansville Blue Cats. Hart has built one of the best programs in Southern Indiana. There were in 5A but are going to 4A this year. Reitz is a team I have wanted Henderson to pick up for a long time. Catholic will have thier hands full. Reitz is very well coached and usually doesn't make a lot of mistakes.

This is exactly what Catholic wants someone good. Not a slappy. I am so glad Edge beefed up the schedule and made it hard. This game will help Catholic later in the playoffs.