Potential Free Agents

I can't believe anyone will give a 36 year old Jorge Posada $13 million a year for 3 years....unless it is the Yankees as a "thank you." That is big money for an aging catcher.

It helps that he's having the best year of his career. The proverbial 'contract year'...:rolleyes:

Rowan for $10 is a steal...IMO

Do you think Dunn gets $15 mil from anyone?

Yes. If the Giants don't get A-Rod and Bonds is done after this year, I think they'd do it in a minute to start the rebuilding / youth project. Absolutely.

The $13 million he'll get here next year if they don't trade / extend him is a relative bargain. I've been saying that for a while but this article just drives that point home.

Heck, they anticipate Andruw getting $18 million per and his skills are absolutely eroding before our eyes. He's nearing "car-wreck" level in CF -- and 3 years ago he was the best defensive CF on the Planet...bar none.

It helps that he's having the best year of his career. The proverbial 'contract year'...:rolleyes:

It shouldn't. What he can do is pretty well known at this point...however, a 36 year old catcher is still a 36 year old catcher; let alone a 37 year old catcher and 38 year old catcher.

I can't believe anyone will give a 36 year old Jorge Posada $13 million a year for 3 years....unless it is the Yankees as a "thank you." That is big money for an aging catcher.

I think someone mentioned the Cubs as possible suitors for Posada next year.

But will the Reds spend the money to get them?

Lets hope so.

I could see the Reds spending some money on Freddy Garcia, he could help us out a lot. Matt Clement would be a good fit, and so would Kris Benson. Not big name players but could come in and have pretty good years. But lets just hope the Reds get out and go shopping this off season, we could use some big time players.

Lets hope so.

I could see the Reds spending some money on Freddy Garcia, he could help us out a lot. Matt Clement would be a good fit, and so would Kris Benson. Not big name players but could come in and have pretty good years. But lets just hope the Reds get out and go shopping this off season, we could use some big time players.

all three of those guys are hurt this year.