North Laurel 8 Greenup Co 4

Great job by NL. They had good pitching, played good defense, and hung around. Then some timely hitting by Seniors Sean Evans and Daniel Smith put the Jags ahead. GC battled back in the 6th, but NL went ahead to stay in the bottom of the 6th.

GC did have some passionate fans, but I'd say they were outnumbered 2-1 by NL Fans. Some of the GC fans were feeling pretty good, especially the ones tailgating down the left field line.

Hearing that GC didn't show up ready to play, but should bounce back and bring their A game to the field after a good night's rest. Good luck tomorrow GC!

Yep, North didn't have anything to do with it. :rolleyes:

I heard the comments after the game and was kind of surprised by it. Apparently this was supposed to be a walkover. Absolutely no respect for the Jaguars. None. Nada. Zilch. But somewhere along the way, somebody forgot to tell North Laurel that they weren't supposed to be there and they were supposed to lose in two.

With that being said, I was impressed with Greenup's talent. North had trouble hitting GC's strong lefty and then they finally became more patient at the plate. I thought the strike zone was tight for both teams all night.

I thought Evans pitched very solid for the first 5 & 1/2 innings. When Greenup finally timed him out tied at 4-4, McWhorter went to the youngster (Damron) and he delivered to get the win. Evan's shot to left would have been a HR in nearly every other 13th region ballpark.

I really like Whitley's facility. VERY nice! The field is a little big for high school, 360 in left center! My goodness! But the facilities are super.

Great win for the Jags. I still am picking North in 3. Their defense made solid plays all night, just as they did in the district and regional tournaments. How many ESPN catches can Tyler Edwards make this postseason? My goodness! If they keep making plays like that, the have a shot to make it to Applebees! But this series is far from over. You can see that Greenup has a very talented squad, and I expect tomorrow night to be another solid game with a lot of emotion!

12 walks by Greenup pitching. OUch! North Laurel finds ways to score. Only 4 hits and maybe one GC error. That's a sign of a good ball team.

Good luck to GC tomorrow night. Austin Wright will go for GC. Throws real well.

Greenup throws their ace and loses, NL still to throw theirs. Does not look good for GC as their other pitchers are very hittable, but as someone said earlier its not over. Good Luck to both teams.

It is hard to say who Greenup's ace pitcher is because they have a few great pitchers on the team. I think you must be overlooking Austin Wright. It is a toss up on which one is the best, they both have great talent, it just depends if they are on their game. Actually Greenup can go pretty deep in pitching.

Tough loss in the series opener for the Muskies, stay focused and play hard. "it ain't over till' it's over" :thumb:

:thumb: Well said Oldrambler. Greenup has a good ball club and is very capable of coming back.

Good luck GC.