Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bonds May Not Share Items with Hall

Featured Replies

  • Replies 31
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully the hall won't worry about him either...

Bonds has been generous with teammates and opponents. He recently signed a guitar that Giants pitcher Barry Zito gave to charity and autographed a bat for Houston's Craig Biggio. He's also given some of his own things to charity.

 

Bonds has a chance to really open up and maybe have public perception changed a little bit towards him. Granted those people that feel strongly about steroids won't care what he has to say. But if he were to come out and enjoy this moment, things might get a little bit better for him. Instead we see more stories like this, you can't help but want him to break the record and just leave baseball after this year. He can take Clemens with him. :lol:

"I'm not worried about the Hall," the San Francisco slugger said during a recent homer drought. "I take care of me."

 

Jerk.

 

Absolutely no suprise here :rolleyes: .This statement / quote from Balco Barry pretty much sums it up. Nothing else need be said, he is a class A Jerk, only cares about himslef and No One else. :sleep: :sleep:

He is a jerk. Nothing he does that is a detriment to the game surprises me at all. And he doesn't care about anyone but himself. I went to the Hall of Fame last year and I saw the people I wanted to see there, I don't need or want to see anymore from Bonds than I have to.

  • Author
Can you really blame him if he does not?

 

He has an opportunity to better his public image but he elects to say "I take care of me." It's almost as if people hating him fuels him. Even if there wasn't the cloud of the steroids scandal around him, he's still a major jerk.

Almost as if?

 

Bonds clearly gasses up on being the villain. That's nothing new.

 

I'm not personally that opposed to Bonds, the roid era of baseball is more than just one hitter (who was HOF before he bulked) but it's a fact that he would rather be Hollywood Hogan than Hulk Hogan.

Just another reason why he is a jerk!

I don't see a problem with it. Baseball hasn't been that kind to Barry recently, why should he be to them?

I don't see a problem with it. Baseball hasn't been that kind to Barry recently, why should he be to them?

 

 

Baseball or just the fans?

I don't like Bonds, I think he can be a jerk at anytime. The way he stated this, made him look like a big jerk. With that being typed:D,

 

Bonds doesn't have to give up anything to the HOF. Seems that anytime some kind of record is broken or a milestone has been accomplished by a player, the HOF expects a ball, bat, or uniform from that player. The player is in no obligation to give up something after the accomplishment. The player could let it sit in the HOF for a while and then take back the item/s. Then all will be happy and well.

I don't like Bonds, I think he can be a jerk at anytime. The way he stated this, made him look like a big jerk. With that being typed:D,

 

Bonds doesn't have to give up anything to the HOF. Seems that anytime some kind of record is broken or a milestone has been accomplished by a player, the HOF expects a ball, bat, or uniform from that player. The player is in no obligation to give up something after the accomplishment. The player could let it sit in the HOF for a while and then take back the item/s. Then all will be happy and well.

 

 

True but it's sort of an unwritten law. I mean no player HAS too but it shows respect to baseball, I mean really if you don't want to give up the ball give up the bat or jersey you wore, there is nothing wrong with at least giving those up. If he thinks baseball is supposed to respect him then he should respect it and give up something to the HOF, maybe not the ball but something anyway!

Baseball or just the fans?

 

 

Both.

 

Bud Selig and Hank Aaron's handling of his record chase have made baseball look really bad IMO.

True but it's sort of an unwritten law. I mean no player HAS too but it shows respect to baseball, I mean really if you don't want to give up the ball give up the bat or jersey you wore, there is nothing wrong with at least giving those up. If he thinks baseball is supposed to respect him then he should respect it and give up something to the HOF, maybe not the ball but something anyway!

 

I agree with that. I would, at least, loan something out, if the player didn't want to give it up.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.