Bonds May Not Share Items with Hall

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should he feel an obligation to give something up to the Hall, when there are plenty of HOF voters that actively are campaigning for him to be left off of at least his first ballot?

:thumb: Exactly, the HOF acts like Bonds owes them something...

What I'd like to see is an interactive exhibit at the Hall featuring one of BB's helmets. It could be suspended over a chair, and people could sit in the chair and have the helmet lowered over their head to get an idea of the size of the thing. It would remind folks of those giant alien spaceships settling over entire cities in the movie "Independence Day".

What I'd like to see is an interactive exhibit at the Hall featuring one of BB's helmets. It could be suspended over a chair, and people could sit in the chair and have the helmet lowered over their head to get an idea of the size of the thing. It would remind folks of those giant alien spaceships settling over entire cities in the movie "Independence Day".

:lol:

Well thought out and funny!

I don't blame Barry at all. Why would he give anything to baseball? All they have done is ridiculed him and outcasted him. I would tell them to buy a ticket and try to catch the record-breaking ball if they need it.

:thumb: Exactly, the HOF acts like Bonds owes them something...

JMO but Bonds owes baseball a heck of a lot. He is a self centered jerk, would be a very good rooomate for Terrel Owens. Don't go away mad Balco Barry, please just go away.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Very Good!! Imo they may not be able to get one of his helmets/caps in the hall, they would probably have to erect the exhibit an dthen build a bldg./walls around it.

JMO but Bonds owes baseball a heck of a lot. He is a self centered jerk, would be a very good rooomate for Terrel Owens. Don't go away mad Balco Barry, please just go away.

So he owes baseball a heck of a lot because he is a self centered jerk??? Any Sports Hall of Fame is filled with jerks and criminals. Barry is just next in line.

The integrity of baseball, in regards to steroids, was damaged well before Bonds.

He still owes baseball at least something. Baseball fans have allowed him to become a very wealthy man. And it is not major league baseball or the Hall of Fame that has caused Barry Bonds' problems, he has brought every single problem on to himself from his actions on and off the field, whether it be trying to reduce his child support payments during the strike to his "unknowingly" taking banned substances, Barry can look in the mirror and see who is causing all of his grief.

So he owes baseball a heck of a lot because he is a self centered jerk??? Any Sports Hall of Fame is filled with jerks and criminals. Barry is just next in line.

The integrity of baseball, in regards to steroids, was damaged well before Bonds.

I was in Milwaukee last year at a conference. I was in the same motel as the St. Louis Cardinals, which was cool, but also very telling of how MOST of these guys are. There was a nice gathering of Cardinal's fans and baseball fans in the lobby of the motel as the team exited the motel. Many of these folks were kids sporting the jersey's of their favorite players and holding various items that they would like to have signed. I watched in the background with a camera. I probably saw 10-15 of the players exit the motel and get into cabs. I watched Jim Edmonds stop and sign everything he could get his hands on. He posed for pictures, etc. I watched the other 10-15 players, push people out of the way basically and actually have the hotel staff tell the little kids to leave them alone. It made me sick. For the record, Albert Pujols was probably the worst one. Bonds may be a jerk, but dont' think for a second that he is in the minority. These guys for the most part are all a bunch of jerks that make more money than our President and they know it.

For the record, the next day in the same motel, Motley Crue came out of their room and through the lobby. And while they had obviously been having a little more "fun" in their rooms than the baseball team, they signed every last thing and posed for every picture they could get in. I have a nice picture of me and Nikky Syxx (spelling?). The hotel staff tried to get fans to back off and I actually heard these words come out of Vince Neil's mouth, "No man, we'll sign!"

Why does he owe baseball anything? He worked his butt off, and used his god-given talent to be a HOF (before the steroid fiasco, he was a sure thing 1st balloter)....

1. He absolutely owes baseball, baseball has made a very wealthy man out of him and imo he owes the game and the fans.

2. The integrity of baseball may have had the roid questions before but does that make it O.K.? :rolleyes:. If it makes you feel any better I feel the same about McGuire, Palmero. Sosa and others. They should not be in the hall either.

Technically, doesnt the MLB own the ball ?If they supply the balls for the games it would be their property so if they truley want it, it's theirs.

I've actually wanted someone to answer this for a while. Who does supply the balls for MLB games ? Does the league ? The home team ?