Top concerns for 07

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Pikeville its simple,

Leadership, Leadership,Leadership

Graduated some great leaders last year. Have some kids who IMO could be great leaders if they choose to be( heres a hint to all the panther fans on here theres 2 of them and they look just like each other lol). Team leadership is going to be a must with all the speculation swirling around about Coach J may or may not be leaving. Leadership IMO is the decinding factor as to whether we go west in december or not if you know what I mean.

For St. X:

My concerns are,

1. Running game ( Running backs and OL to make holes...)

2. Special Teams ( Speed, Strength, Dicipline )

3. Defensive Line and LB's (Must be extremely physical with exceptional quickness)

4. QB Position ( Leadership, Decision making abilities and passing abilities )

How X meets or exceeds these areas will tell a lot about how far the team progresses in the playoffs. I know thats 4 instead of 2 to 3, yet X needs a lot of work to return to the championship game (and win it), IMHO.

I've heard Jurgens will be in there. Probably a sophomore at Nose has a shot in Donnie Brown. Should be interesting.

Probably a lot of rotation. Jurgens, Stein, Dowling, C. Rosenhagen, Hempfling, Reis, Dempsey, maybe some of the LB's will line up in a down position for speed rush...possibly the new boy from Samoa. I hope to see Zach "da' Bus" Funaro get back into the mix. A lot of talent and a lot of heart. I hope he still wants it!

Probably a lot of rotation. Jurgens, Stein, Dowling, C. Rosenhagen, Hempfling, Reis, Dempsey, maybe some of the LB's will line up in a down position for speed rush...possibly the new boy from Samoa. I hope to see Zach "da' Bus" Funaro get back into the mix. A lot of talent and a lot of heart. I hope he still wants it!

I doubt you'll see the Bus playing. My prediction of starting d linemen is Peko at nose. Rosenhagen at one DE and Jurgens at the other. Stein is going to play lber. Hempling may play some d line in spots, but it will be limited and more in short yardage situations. As for Brown, my guess is that he will get some playing time, but not as much as some think. I hope he proves me wrong though.

I doubt you'll see the Bus playing. My prediction of starting d linemen is Peko at nose. Rosenhagen at one DE and Jurgens at the other. Stein is going to play lber. Hempling may play some d line in spots, but it will be limited and more in short yardage situations. As for Brown, my guess is that he will get some playing time, but not as much as some think. I hope he proves me wrong though.

But do you agree with the "rotation" scheme? I see lots of time for multiple players as there is no "rock" on D and Dale has stated that 2-way play will be prevalent. Do you think there will be any rotation on the O-line? there was NADA last year.

But do you agree with the "rotation" scheme? I see lots of time for multiple players as there is no "rock" on D and Dale has stated that 2-way play will be prevalent. Do you think there will be any rotation on the O-line? there was NADA last year.

D and O lines are two completely different animals. D rotates

guys in like crazy. O line rarely rotates at all. Ashton was the only one that rotated in last year, and there was no O-line rotation at all the year before. However if any O-line guys wind up playing some D I' think they'd have to do some subbing on the O-Line especially early in the season when its so hot.

For Dixie :

1 ) Play Team Ball First !

2 ) The O-line run blocks Big Time ! And does not let anyone touch Bricking ! ( QB ) It Start's up front Boy's !!!!!!!!

3 ) The D-line say's NO !!! You will not Block us with one person and you will not run on us !!! :fire:

• 2 weeks later...

For Williamsburg it will be tough to replace the Leadership and Play Making of Aaron Root at FB and LB, and Thomas Frazier at QB. Root led the district with 174 tackles and was hellacious as a blocker, runner, and reciever, and Frazier was tough as nails and had that big arm that could stretch the field.

The burg should be better on the O-Line with lots of experience returning, and from what I hear Abner and Rollins have gotten huge, strong and nasty. The reciving corps should be deeper, and Wil Moses should be fine out of the backfield. The season will hinge on the development of Ryan Moses at QB.