When do you think Lexington will compete?

Oh, we're making excuses now?

Please quit misrepresenting my posts.

Show me where I've said that Manual is on the same level as Trinity, St. Xavier and Male. I've only stated that Manual's performance against Trinity and St. Xavier is comparable to (or better than) that of the Lexington-area schools.

And who is above Lexington as far as football goes?

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Above football in Lexington is H, X and T.

What I would say is that Manual, PRP, etc, while second tier in Louisville, would be top shelf in Lexington. I don't think that they'd dominate, but they would be A-list schools.

What I would say is that Manual, PRP, etc, while second tier in Louisville, would be top shelf in Lexington. I don't think that they'd dominate, but they would be A-list schools.

What would you consider top shelf in Lexington. Everyone with the exception of Lafayette has had their recent playoff runs. Manual and PRP beat PLD in years they didn't even make the playoffs. What supports your claim.

No, not Manual. The other two, but not Manual. And more so X than Male. Male and Dunbar were almost complete replicas at one point in time. Identical Offense, same Defense. That storm/ confusion D Male runs, we ran it at PLD too so teams here know how to deal with it now.

Difference there is Bob Redman.

We are where we are, just like you are where you are so I wouldn't complain about it. The thing is you actually get a break. Lexington schools see Trinity at their best (state semi's). You guys see them in the regular season when they are fine tuning for that state-semi/ state championship, we see them in late Nov. at full throttle.

This is actually a true statement.

Difference there is Bob Redman.

No, the difference is the Bush's, Jones', etc.. Mike Meighan, I think was as good as Redman, but other than Ben Meighan, he didn't have that state championship QB. Redman has had alot of D-1 and NFL level talent at that position.

No, the difference is the Bush's, Jones', etc.. Mike Meighan, I think was as good as Redman, but other than Ben Meighan, he didn't have that state championship QB. Redman has had alot of D-1 and NFL level talent at that position.

I tend to agree. Redman has never won a title when he's had inferior talent, but he's failed to win numerous times when he's had superior talent.

I would really like to give a congragulations to Trinity posters on here. You all have the rest of Louisville blind folded or something. You all win state championships, yet the rest of Louisville holds their anger towards Lexington. I don't know how you all did it, but it works like a charm.

The art of deflection! :D

As have many other coaches who have never won titles or competed and beaten Trinity and St.X as he has. And often times there have been teasm with just as much talent as those Male teams that never get anywhere. Admittedly his last victory over Trinity was 2000, but Bob Redman constantly gets the most out of these talented players and manages to keep them playing as a team.

That is something that could have helped Henry Clay in '05 and Ballard in just about every year.

Its called population....I'm sure if someone would do the research Ville schools have higher enrollment than LEX schools.

It takes quite a few more than 5 good players to make a quality Football team;)

This does not explain the lack of talent in basketball in Louisville. I kindof think with the emergence of UL football the city of Louisville has gone from probably being a basketball town or the 2 were fairly equal to being a football town. Now I am a fairly young outsider so I could be wrong, but for as many people as are in Louisville there just havent been much good basketball players come out of Louisville in the last few years besides Rondo. I think it maybe lack of coaching as well, but I am not for sure

This does not explain the lack of talent in basketball in Louisville. I kindof think with the emergence of UL football the city of Louisville has gone from probably being a basketball town or the 2 were fairly equal to being a football town. Now I am a fairly young outsider so I could be wrong, but for as many people as are in Louisville there just havent been much good basketball players come out of Louisville in the last few years besides Rondo. I think it maybe lack of coaching as well, but I am not for sure
There is no doubt that Louisville is a football town on the high school level. But it was that way before UofL football got big.

There is no doubt that Louisville is a football town on the high school level. But it was that way before UofL football got big.

My question is has basketball taken a hit? There were so many good Louisville prospects in the past while now there just isnt many. I wonder why that is.

I am a bit of a latecomer to this portion of the debate. As I understand it, pldgreatno2 and the Louisville posters are in agreement that Trinity, X and Male are the big 3, at least in general. The issue is if "Manual, PRP, etc, while second tier in Louisville, would be top shelf in Lexington"....would they be A-list schools.

Even if there is not a base of games between Lexington schools and these two, perhaps the Lit ratings and Cantrell would shed light on the matter. Does anyone have access to the final Lit/Cantrell since around 2000? At least we would have an objective basis for the discussion.