Grading Wayne Krivsky

What grade do you give Krivsky?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What grade do you give Krivsky?

They will be known as the Reds of the 2000's before you know it a whole decade slips away with 0 winning seasons. 2000 was the last season the Reds were in the plus side in the win/loss column, and I'm having a hard remembering last playoff team (getting smoked by the Mets in a playin game at home doesn't count) Bengals of the 90's? No. Reds of the 2000's? we'll know for sure in a couple of seasons. Nothing going on to suggest the playoff drought won't continue.

Hal McCoy, Dayton Daily News

Of the 30 major-league teams, the Reds are 29th in players they have developed on their 40-man roster and 29th for players they've developed who are on other teams' 40-man rosters.

Wayne is still trying to make chicken salad out of chicken "poop"...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hal McCoy, Dayton Daily News

Of the 30 major-league teams, the Reds are 29th in players they have developed on their 40-man roster and 29th for players they've developed who are on other teams' 40-man rosters.

Wayne is still trying to make chicken salad out of chicken "poop"...

I read that. Unfortunately the fans were sold a load of chicken "poop" in preseason as how this team was a playoff contender. Heck Castrillini just stated the other day that this team was better than their record and thats why no major changes were coming to fruition. Either he's a poor judge of baseball and management talent or hes flat out lying. Poor fan attendance will soon change his tune. If Krivsky is the man to turn around this franchise how long do the fans wait before seeing improvement??

They will be known as the Reds of the 2000's before you know it a whole decade slips away with 0 winning seasons. 2000 was the last season the Reds were in the plus side in the win/loss column, and I'm having a hard remembering last playoff team (getting smoked by the Mets in a playin game at home doesn't count) Bengals of the 90's? No. Reds of the 2000's? we'll know for sure in a couple of seasons. Nothing going on to suggest the playoff drought won't continue.

You make some good points mala, I don't know if any orginazation can be as bad as the Bengals of the 90's though. The Reds are pretty bad and I guess a couple of years might tell.

• 4 months later...

I voted "B-" and simply because, some who have been kept and other pitchers, that got away. Group of veterans that aren't in the mix.

Combined with a flurry of cast-off type pitchers, to try and help the bullpen last year, which were praised but most of us knew wouldn't work out.

Let's be honest though, the Reds had serious personnel problems, before and during Krivsky.

I think he has an eye for talent that I trust in for a GM in this size market. In the end he will be fired soon so I'm wasting key strokes... :p

I'm hoping they give him at least one more year. He has made some questionable moves and some very good ones. That's going to happen when you're in this sized market like you said. He would be considered really good if he could mess up as much as some of the big market clubs do.