Is it time for Dunner to get the treatment like Jr did?

Freel gives TREMENDOUS energy bot on offense getting bunt hits, stealing bases and so on, and on defense where it was almost a guarentee that he would make at least 1 diving catch a game last year.

He gets thrown out stealing 24% of the time -- anything over 20% is considered not good.

1 diving catch per game and one bone-head / error per game too.

We all love Freel in small doses -- he isn't an everyday player.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He gets thrown out stealing 24% of the time -- anything over 20% is considered not good.

1 diving catch per game and one bone-head / error per game too.

We all love Freel in small doses -- he isn't an everyday player.

When has Freel made an error in 3 straight games??? I can tell you, NEVER. If he would try to steal more, then he would have more chances to be safe also, that is Narron's fault.

When has Freel made an error in 3 straight games??? I can tell you, NEVER. If he would try to steal more, then he would have more chances to be safe also, that is Narron's fault.

Last week he played 3B twice and made an error each night.

If he'd steal more, given his career stats, he'd have more chances to be safe and more chances to get caught. What on Earth doesn more attempts have to do with anything? He gets caught more than 20% of the time -- the line of demarcation for a "good" base-stealer.

I can see the point here. What one should keep in mind is that whatever position these guys play, the team as a whole is not very good. 80-82 last year, and really no upgrade (besides Hamilton) what so ever. I root for the Reds, enjoy going to a couple games a year, but I really do not have any expectations for them at all.

I don't see why anyone needs to move anywhere for the following reasons:

1. Griffey can't stay in the line-up on a consistant basis.

2. Freel is better in the utility role with a day off every now and then.

3. Hamilton is bound to hit a wall since he has played nearly zero games in previous years.

4. Dunn, Phillips, EE, can all use a day off now and then and be replaced by Freel. First base and catcher are basically platooned.

So really no problem. Reds aren't that great defensively but Gonzalez, Phillips and Freel/Hamilton make them somewhere in the middle.

Now they all have "problems" on offense at various times but you can only put whoevers on the team out there.