Is it time for Dunner to get the treatment like Jr did?

Dunn isn't a logical move at 1B because he can't play the position. That's why the experiment didn't work last year and won't work in the future. Junior can move to RF because he can play the position. It's pretty simple...
I really don't understand why this is so hard to figure out.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It sure appears that way doesn't it? They've signed a big time pitcher every year for the last 5 or 6, UNTIL this year. And they were out there. It's not a coincidence.

His name is Roger Clemens that's why they didn't sign anyone this past off season.

Dunn isn't a logical move at 1B because he can't play the position. That's why the experiment didn't work last year and won't work in the future. Junior can move to RF because he can play the position. It's pretty simple...

So you feel that he would be worse defensively at 1B than he is in LF?

Maybe his mindset of NOT WANTING to change was the reason why defensively he wasn't as good as he could have been? Don't give him an option, as many wanted JR to not be given an option but that manager should just tell him, and see if his ability to improve defensively at 1B rather than continually embarrassing himself happens.

He came back from the winter and said he was committed to improve defensively in LF. Why not expect the same at 1B?

So you feel that he would be worse defensively at 1B than he is in LF?

Maybe his mindset of NOT WANTING to change was the reason why defensively he wasn't as good as he could have been? Don't give him an option, as many wanted JR to not be given an option but that manager should just tell him, and see if his ability to improve defensively at 1B rather than continually embarrassing himself happens.

He came back from the winter and said he was committed to improve defensively in LF. Why not expect the same at 1B?

Do you really want Dunn in on almost every ball hit to the infield? Really? Seriously? You might want to stick to basketball...

Do you really want Dunn in on almost every ball hit to the infield? Really? Seriously? You might want to stick to basketball...

I would think he could end up at least average. He was recruited by Texas to be a QB, has to be athletic. Now I know his work ethic doesn't seem to be the best, but that is where he gets called out on it to be the best team out there the Reds could put our there.

While I understand that 1B has it own particular concerns defensively, he is not being asked to be a gold glove over there. Couldn't be much worse than a Ryan Howard.

I think he means holding out for him to eventually sign with them instead of choosing to go another route. At least that is the way I took it.

Thank you. I wouldn't expect 98 to catch that too quickly.

I would think he could end up at least average. He was recruited by Texas to be a QB, has to be athletic. Now I know his work ethic doesn't seem to be the best, but that is where he gets called out on it to be the best team out there the Reds could put our there.

While I understand that 1B has it own particular concerns defensively, he is not being asked to be a gold glove over there. Couldn't be much worse than a Ryan Howard.

You want to make an already error prone unit worse. No thanks...

You want to make an already error prone unit worse. No thanks...

Understand that but when the team is struggling offensively, this team is better offensively and defensively in the outfield with Hamilton and Freel out there.

Defensively, you are stronger in the OF.

Defensively, it doesn't change 3 of the 4 IF positions.

Surely, he can play catch with the IFers?

I don't think that lowly of him that I believe he can't catch a throw across the IF.