Pre-season polls:

As much as I hate to say it .. North Bullitt almost has to be in the top 4

North Bullitt may return a ton of talent, a really great running back and a good LB, but the fact still remains, in the last ten years; NB has NOT won a single playoff game. They have a team full of kids with ZERO experience of playing 12, 13, 14, or even 15 weeks. That's the case for most of my 5-9 teams as well as those 5-6 other teams that I feel could be in the top ten. I think NB has a really good thing going and that they will have tremendous success this year, but I do disagree with all the laurels being thrown to a team that has to date, proven that they can hang with good teams, but not beat them.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With respect to 6A for 2007...

1. Trinity

5. St. X

6. Male

7. Henry Clay

8. Henderson Co.

9. Ryle

10. George Rogers Clark

The Rocks are in a league of their own..... Until someone can detrone them, they are no. 1. Its not up for debate, discussion or "what ifs"..... The track record speaks for itself. It doesnt matter if the Rocks have '0" returning starters. They have more returning starters than that.... They are the only team to beat for the 2007 title. Any discussion of St. X being a close second can only be decided on the field in November. Anything else at this time is a bunch of hot air..... And I have "heard" a lot of it the last two years........ St. X fans, save your "talkin" for the field....

I think there will be some definate surprises in 6A especially in the Louisville districts. Trinity and St X will be 1 and 2 however Male isn't going to be as good as you guys are giving them credit for, I watched Fern Creek blast them off the field in a JV game like they weren't even present last year. There were 60+ kids dressed on the sideline, none of them freshman I was told by a Male administrator, I dont buy for a minute Bobby Redman doesn't care about how his JV squad plays. They were worse than terrible, even if they were all sophmores he has no where near the talent in the pipeline he usually does.

FC on the other hand is senior heavy will have a new system and staff in place and has what should be Trinity's starting QB. I look for them to surprise a lot of people and don't forget about Southern, Seneca (Knott will be a standout) and Ballard (Sir Weakly, TJ Pryor) all had a lot of young talent that will be coming back more experienced this season.

Don't overlook Hoptown this year in 5A. They have 8 back on defense and 8 back on offense. They only lost 1 linemen on both sides of the ball. Their JV team won the wky conference title with no losses and the freshmen team only lost one game last year. QB Marshall Stuwart looked good during spring paractice and many fans are buzzing how well he throws the ball down the field.

Don't overlook Hoptown this year in 5A. They have 8 back on defense and 8 back on offense. They only lost 1 linemen on both sides of the ball. Their JV team won the wky conference title with no losses and the freshmen team only lost one game last year. QB Marshall Stuwart looked good during spring paractice and many fans are buzzing how well he throws the ball down the field.

They should be pretty solid offensively, but, there defense is going to have to really improve to be a key player in 5a. I can see them being a lower tier Top 10 team, but, the've got a ways to go to compete with the CCs, Ft.Hs, BGs and JCs in the class...

They should be pretty solid offensively, but, there defense is going to have to really improve to be a key player in 5a. I can see them being a lower tier Top 10 team, but, the've got a ways to go to compete with the CCs, Ft.Hs, BGs and JCs in the class...

Breakdown the Hopkinsville 1st team & 1st rotation defense from a year ago and they gave up 16PPG a year ago. Now when you breakdown the special team TD's and Offensive turnovers that were returned for points then it's obvious higher. Last years defense wasn't steller but it wasn't as bad as people wanna make it out to be. The 1st 2 games they were lit up but you can also throw in the fact that in those games they was without 3 defensive starters. That portion of my statement is just for those Coaches scouting Hoptown the night they played Calloway Co. Something the defense did not do a year ago was score points. They set up 7 TD's and 4 FG's but did not get a defensive score.

Offensively they won't replace E.T. at RB but will have 3 above average running backs and all 3 have their qualites. Cardell McGregor started last year at FB and this year will move to RB. Good between the tackles runner and can bounce it to the outside. Joe Harris came on strong last year at FB. Good lead blocker and learned not to always go for the kill shot. He will give them a yard gainer and bruiser in the middle. DeShawn Johnson is the smallest of the bunch but probably has the strongest lower body of the three. Gets to the corner will quickness and speed. More of a shaker & baker in the open field. All 3 have good hands and you might see more motion out of the backs then you have see the last 2 years. Who knows maybe we can get lucky and get a transfer to emerge at the RB position.

I personally am high on the WR position. Darrick Dillard (Transfer from Atlanta) and Victor Moulden a Ft. Campbell transfer are good athletes with speed. Last year as sophomores they came on towards the end on both sides of the ball. Kyle Graham & Logan Adams give the offense possession WR's but not great speed. Graham is a 4.8 guy and Adams a 4.9 kid on a good day. Sophomore to be Darnell Davis 6'3 180 has all the potential to be the next stud in the program. Athletic & physically he is there and the mental aspect is starting to show. The TE position will be faster with Antwon Crayton 6'2 185. Not a great blocker but gives a pass catching threat they will have 2 other TE's that will be the blockers.

The O-Line will be experienced unlike last year. I was high on the O-Line going into last year because they was going to be big & athletic. But prior to the season Coach Jones dismissed 2 starters which was the right thing to do. Last year they had 2 starters weighing 170 or less. Your going to struggle up front when you face the size and skill they saw up front early on.

Hopkinsville recently completed their spring practice with 55 players. That's not including the kids that were out for baseball and track (The track kids did participate on certain days during the spring). Coach Jones has taken his share of jab remarks from the local media and others but he has the numbers up and has the kids support.

In 2007 the offense will be more ballanced. It's gonna have to be IMO and this WR core could be as skilled as the 05 group so their gonna have to be involved. Stuart may struggle early on but he got some valuable experience last year inluding 1 game where he started so the staff already has a full varsity game film on him. A true consistent running game will be his best friend the 3-4 weeks of the season.

Defensively I am confident they will be fine. More experience from last year. Hoptown had 8 sophomores either start or was part of the 1st rotation defense. Need to continue the momentum in the weightroom as I expect they will.

Breakdown the Hopkinsville 1st team & 1st rotation defense from a year ago and they gave up 16PPG a year ago. Now when you breakdown the special team TD's and Offensive turnovers that were returned for points then it's obvious higher. Last years defense wasn't steller but it wasn't as bad as people wanna make it out to be. The 1st 2 games they were lit up but you can also throw in the fact that in those games they was without 3 defensive starters. That portion of my statement is just for those Coaches scouting Hoptown the night they played Calloway Co. Something the defense did not do a year ago was score points. They set up 7 TD's and 4 FG's but did not get a defensive score.

Offensively they won't replace E.T. at RB but will have 3 above average running backs and all 3 have their qualites. Cardell McGregor started last year at FB and this year will move to RB. Good between the tackles runner and can bounce it to the outside. Joe Harris came on strong last year at FB. Good lead blocker and learned not to always go for the kill shot. He will give them a yard gainer and bruiser in the middle. DeShawn Johnson is the smallest of the bunch but probably has the strongest lower body of the three. Gets to the corner will quickness and speed. More of a shaker & baker in the open field. All 3 have good hands and you might see more motion out of the backs then you have see the last 2 years. Who knows maybe we can get lucky and get a transfer to emerge at the RB position.

I personally am high on the WR position. Darrick Dillard (Transfer from Atlanta) and Victor Moulden a Ft. Campbell transfer are good athletes with speed. Last year as sophomores they came on towards the end on both sides of the ball. Kyle Graham & Logan Adams give the offense possession WR's but not great speed. Graham is a 4.8 guy and Adams a 4.9 kid on a good day. Sophomore to be Darnell Davis 6'3 180 has all the potential to be the next stud in the program. Athletic & physically he is there and the mental aspect is starting to show. The TE position will be faster with Antwon Crayton 6'2 185. Not a great blocker but gives a pass catching threat they will have 2 other TE's that will be the blockers.

The O-Line will be experienced unlike last year. I was high on the O-Line going into last year because they was going to be big & athletic. But prior to the season Coach Jones dismissed 2 starters which was the right thing to do. Last year they had 2 starters weighing 170 or less. Your going to struggle up front when you face the size and skill they saw up front early on.

Hopkinsville recently completed their spring practice with 55 players. That's not including the kids that were out for baseball and track (The track kids did participate on certain days during the spring). Coach Jones has taken his share of jab remarks from the local media and others but he has the numbers up and has the kids support.

In 2007 the offense will be more ballanced. It's gonna have to be IMO and this WR core could be as skilled as the 05 group so their gonna have to be involved. Stuart may struggle early on but he got some valuable experience last year inluding 1 game where he started so the staff already has a full varsity game film on him. A true consistent running game will be his best friend the 3-4 weeks of the season.

Defensively I am confident they will be fine. More experience from last year. Hoptown had 8 sophomores either start or was part of the 1st rotation defense. Need to continue the momentum in the weightroom as I expect they will.

We'll see what you got on Sept.29th........:ylsuper:

This is my pre-season poll for the 2007 season, the records are from the '06 season.

1. Beechwood 9-3

2. Mayfield 11-3

3. Bethlehem 11-2

4. Pikeville 8-4

5. Lexington Christian 9-3

6. Hazard 9-4

7. Raceland 11-2

8. Holy cross (Louisville) 7-4

9. Frankfort 9-3

10. Harlan 8-4

The rest of the best, Paris, Paintsville, Williamburg, Dayton, and Cumberland.

This is my pre-season poll for the 2007 season, the records are from the '06 season.

1. Beechwood 9-3

2. Mayfield 11-3

3. Bethlehem 11-2

4. Pikeville 8-4

5. Lexington Christian 9-3

6. Hazard 9-4

7. Raceland 11-2

8. Holy cross (Louisville) 7-4

9. Frankfort 9-3

10. Harlan 8-4

The rest of the best, Paris, Paintsville, Williamburg, Dayton, and Cumberland.

Black, I think Bethlehem is gonna have a hard time living up to your lofty prediction, I think I recall Hearsay saying they lost their coach and most of their key players from a year ago. Watch Crittenden Co out west I feel they will be a top 10 team and I want to add in the teams to watch from out west Fulton City. Watch Frankfort as well they maybe as good as anyone in class A.

5A

1. Highlands

1. Cov. Cath.

3. Johnson Central

3. Bowling Green

5. Southwestern

6. Lincoln County

7. Clay County

8. Warren Central

9. Mercer County

10. Ashland

I think some people are forgetting how good Johnson Central was last year just because they are a mountain team but, IMO I think they are going to be good next year. I like your preseason poll.:ylsuper:

I think some people are forgetting how good Johnson Central was last year just because they are a mountain team but, IMO I think they are going to be good next year. I like your preseason poll.:ylsuper:

I think they lost both of their stud linebackers???

Black, I think Bethlehem is gonna have a hard time living up to your lofty prediction, I think I recall Hearsay saying they lost their coach and most of their key players from a year ago. Watch Crittenden Co out west I feel they will be a top 10 team and I want to add in the teams to watch from out west Fulton City. Watch Frankfort as well they maybe as good as anyone in class A.

Bethlehem has had major losses. They will be a .500 team this year but will be a threat around play-off time. They have a very talented young group of running backs and will have a senior in the backfield named Blake Stanley who will play at the next level. Blake has more tools than Billy Jackson but will be running behind a very small line. Defensively they will be solid but have to replace linebacker group of Billy Jackson, Kent Simpson. No one ready to step in at that level yet. Look for Bethlehem to be strong in 09 and 10.

I think some people are forgetting how good Johnson Central was last year just because they are a mountain team but, IMO I think they are going to be good next year.

Blue right now Johnson is a one hit (year) wonder, it takes more than 1 year to make me stand up and give you a elite rank. Do it for a few years and you get more notice in the preseason polls