Pre-season polls:

I think Breathitt Bobcats will have a very good chance of playing for trip to Pizza bowl,Russell and Belfry does stand in way but we have a good team coming back and dont be surprised if Bobcats are not Bobcats of old,they will be there with lots returning starters and I really do expect lots from them this year so Go Bobcats.......

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AAA next year will be pretty balanced throughout the state. I would have the top 10 looking like this:

1. Russell: The Red Devils have won state the most recently and deserve to be #1. If it had not been for the AAAA Mercer County last year they would have been back-2-back. McGlone knows what it takes and Russell is never far from a state title anyway.

2. Belfry: The Haywodd lead Pirates lack some of the blazing speed that has made them so special in years past, but return one of AAA's best in May. With Haywood calling the shots they will always have a chance.

3. Breathitt Co.: The Bobcats have an offensive guru in Holcomb and his coaching will keep them in most games. The Bobcats will return one of the more explosive teams in AAA this year and will be a tough out for anyone.

4. Sheldon Clark: I know I am taking teams all from the East, but I still think the East is the best football in the class. The Cardinals return Adam Dials and Ryan Kelly who could be the best RB tandem in all of AAA. Sc's punishing ground game and a much improved defense will make the Cardinal serious contenders to walk on the carpet come Dec.

5. Somerset: Another scary team filled with athletes. Somerset has typically been one of the best mountain A teams, and will continue their ways in AAA.

6. Paducah Tilghman: You don't typically have one of the most dominant track teams in the state and not field a good football team. The Tornados will be athletic like no other team in the state and could be a Western Juggernaut with the new alignment.

7. Central: Any team that comes out of Louisville and wins 11 games and only loses 3 must be doing somthing right. I don't know a whole lot about them, but the 11 wins makes me put them on my list.

8. Russellville: While this may not be A football anymore I think Russellville will be able to compete in a somewhat watered down district. I'm not sure if they will be capable of going to the Pizza Box, but don't count them out.

9. & 10. Are kind of up for grabs because I really don't know who else to list. There is a number of teams that could hold the last 2 spots, but I feel like the first 8 are pretty solid.

These are just my predictions and I am sure they will change once we kick off, but any way you look at it we are in for an exciting year of football.

AAA next year will be pretty balanced throughout the state. I would have the top 10 looking like this:

1. Russell: The Red Devils have won state the most recently and deserve to be #1. If it had not been for the AAAA Mercer County last year they would have been back-2-back. McGlone knows what it takes and Russell is never far from a state title anyway.

2. Belfry: The Haywodd lead Pirates lack some of the blazing speed that has made them so special in years past, but return one of AAA's best in May. With Haywood calling the shots they will always have a chance.

3. Breathitt Co.: The Bobcats have an offensive guru in Holcomb and his coaching will keep them in most games. The Bobcats will return one of the more explosive teams in AAA this year and will be a tough out for anyone.

4. Sheldon Clark: I know I am taking teams all from the East, but I still think the East is the best football in the class. The Cardinals return Adam Dials and Ryan Kelly who could be the best RB tandem in all of AAA. Sc's punishing ground game and a much improved defense will make the Cardinal serious contenders to walk on the carpet come Dec.

5. Somerset: Another scary team filled with athletes. Somerset has typically been one of the best mountain A teams, and will continue their ways in AAA.

6. Paducah Tilghman: You don't typically have one of the most dominant track teams in the state and not field a good football team. The Tornados will be athletic like no other team in the state and could be a Western Juggernaut with the new alignment.

7. Central: Any team that comes out of Louisville and wins 11 games and only loses 3 must be doing somthing right. I don't know a whole lot about them, but the 11 wins makes me put them on my list.

8. Russellville: While this may not be A football anymore I think Russellville will be able to compete in a somewhat watered down district. I'm not sure if they will be capable of going to the Pizza Box, but don't count them out.

9. & 10. Are kind of up for grabs because I really don't know who else to list. There is a number of teams that could hold the last 2 spots, but I feel like the first 8 are pretty solid.

These are just my predictions and I am sure they will change once we kick off, but any way you look at it we are in for an exciting year of football.

Being more familiar with the west, Paducah Tilghman should cake walk through there district and region...They do have alot of athletes, but, lacked good size and interior play last year..However, there line was relatively young and they have quite a few of those kids back and I'm sure they'll find a couple more in the younger ranks...Russellville, on the other hand will be fair at best...IMO, they're a little overmatched in 3a...They'll compete okay, but, are, in no way, a Preseason Top 10 team. They'll have some nice athletes carrying the ball, but, the line play and lack of depth will keep them from going very far. They're an injury or 2 away from being worse than average..Louisville Central will be strong as well. Always have tons of athleticism, but, have lacked discipline in past years. If they ever put that together, look out...