Pre-season polls:

In 2A Corbin is the team I've heard most hyped but that comes from living down here and what other people are expecting due to the amount of players returning. The most notable name is Quarterback Clint Cashen. He has been a common name across the state since his first start during his freshman year. He has a slew of others surrounding him. It is also to my understanding that Danville is also in 2A so they obviously should be mentioned. Sam Harp always fields one of the better teams in Kentucky regardless of class. Who are some of the other teams in 2A that we should be keeping an eye out for. Bardstown? Middlesboro?

Corbin should definately be a top contender next year and a favorite as well. With everything they have returning, they will be tough to deal with. I still say that Corbin was the best team that Russell played all last year. I really can't see how they lost 5 games last year.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they lost both of their stud linebackers???

They also have a stud DE named Nathaniel Dials who will be moved to LB. Dials is pretty darn strong, and has alright speed for his size. He is also being looked at by many D1 colleges, especially by UK.

JC has loads of talent and just has a few spaces that need to be filled by underclassman. I kind of like it that many people haven't mentioned Central in these opinion polls. Look for the Golden Eagles to suprise and wow again in 2007 with one of the best running backs in the state.

They also have a stud DE named Nathaniel Dials who will be moved to LB. Dials is pretty darn strong, and has alright speed for his size. He is also being looked at by many D1 colleges, especially by UK.

JC has loads of talent and just has a few spaces that need to be filled by underclassman. I kind of like it that many people haven't mentioned Central in these opinion polls. Look for the Golden Eagles to suprise and wow again in 2007 with one of the best running backs in the state.

It looks to me that alot of people have JC in the top 5........:confused:

I think some people are forgetting how good Johnson Central was last year just because they are a mountain team but, IMO I think they are going to be good next year. I like your preseason poll.:ylsuper:

I agree they have alot of returning starters QB,and THE back as well.

Blue right now Johnson is a one hit (year) wonder, it takes more than 1 year to make me stand up and give you a elite rank. Do it for a few years and you get more notice in the preseason polls

Many outsiders as yourself may look at JC as a "one hit wonder" and somewhat understandable so. But JC will be IMO just as strong if not stronger than they were last year. JC's toughest test will be replacing its two stud linebackers in Johnson and Tackett but the pieces are in place for this machine to keep on clicking. Just as Mama Baby suggest, Nathanial Dials will be a stud for JC this year at the LB position which IMO is his natural position.

JC does return the majority of its offensive firepower in QB JK Ratliff and RB Shawn Grimm. JC will be a force next year that could surprise some of the outsiders but I dont expect it to surprise any of the ppl who know what this team is capable of and what it has returning.

The Northern teams and a justifiable BG and JC can obivious picks, but is there not any sleepers such as Lincoln, Southwestern and Mercer that could fill out the rest. That district will be the most competitive and also Clay and Whitley could sleeping Cinderella's both of those teams are coming out of extremely tough districts from a year ago.

5A

1. Highlands

1. Cov. Cath.

3. Johnson Central

3. Bowling Green

5. Southwestern

6. Lincoln County

7. Clay County

8. Warren Central

9. Mercer County

10. Ashland

The fact that Clay County is even mentioned in a class Top Ten is rights for kudos, but they don't get that kind of respect by playing a cream puff schedule. IMO this is a soild prediction, but replace Clay with Bryan Station.

5A

1. Highlands

1. Cov. Cath.

3. Johnson Central

3. Bowling Green

5. Southwestern

6. Lincoln County

7. Clay County

8. Warren Central

9. Mercer County

10. Ashland

Looks like you and some others are placing the Birds at the top. Looking at your list and some others, I realize that there are a lot of very good programs in 5A this year. Birds may be reminded of that old cliche', "be careful what you ask for, you just might get it". We asked to be moved up to 5A and now find ourselves playing some very good and big programs. Nonetheless I think we'll be up for the challenge.

As to your ranking, I think Dixie needs to be in the top 5. Folks, Dixie is going to have a very, very good team this year. If Highlands is first, Dixie can't be too far behind. The three classes that make up the varsity on each of Dixie's and Highland's teams have been very competitive over the years. Highlands has gotten the better, but the games have been pretty close.

Looks like you and some others are placing the Birds at the top. Looking at your list and some others, I realize that there are a lot of very good programs in 5A this year. Birds may be reminded of that old cliche', "be careful what you ask for, you just might get it". We asked to be moved up to 5A and now find ourselves playing some very good and big programs. Nonetheless I think we'll be up for the challenge.

As to your ranking, I think Dixie needs to be in the top 5. Folks, Dixie is going to have a very, very good team this year. If Highlands is first, Dixie can't be too far behind. The three classes that make up the varsity on each of Dixie's and Highland's teams have been very competitive over the years. Highlands has gotten the better, but the games have been pretty close.

I totally agree. Dixie is better than quite a few of the teams in that top ten list in AAAAA. I think that you will have problems convincing a lot of people that three out of the top five are in the same district.