Bradley calls out some of his teammates for not being tough

ladiesbballcoach

I seem to remember him getting up in Bogut's face and looked like he was ready to throw down. I would take him on my team in a fight over any of the other UK players.

Shoot, If I had Chuck Hayes watching my back, I'd stand up to him too. When you have a leader like Hayes you know someone is always going to have your back. This team is lacking heart and leadership....Bradley and Morris can't graduate soon enough IMO.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoot, If I had Chuck Hayes watching my back, I'd stand up to him too. When you have a leader like Hayes you know someone is always going to have your back. This team is lacking heart and leadership....Bradley and Morris can't graduate soon enough IMO.

Why Bradley? He is one of the few people who play with heart, and seem to care about this team. Also Bradley didn't have Hayes watching his back when he said something to Noah yesterday, but he still did. I think you should switch Bradley and Crawford. Crawford is a guy who SHOULD BE the best player on this team, but yet he dont play with any heart most of the time and is just a very selfish player. People call Bradley selfish, but Crawford is probably more selfish than Bradley. Bradley sometimes tries to do to much sometimes and ends up in a bad play, but atleast for the whole game you know your getting everything you can out of him. The sooner Crawford is gone the sooner Meeks would be getting th 34 minutes that Crawford got yesterday....

I like this. As leader of the team, someone needs to hold these yahoos accountable. The coach can only do so much. I am sure that this is not the first time he has said this in the lockerroom and it hasn't work. Call them out in public if they aren't doing what they need to do. No problem with that.

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/sports/colleges/university_of_kentucky/16835598.htm

The second half started and Florida hit.

Kentucky didn't hit back.

"That's the frustrating thing," said Bradley.

"They played with a lot of energy," said Randolph Morris, the UK center, standing across the hall. "We tried to match that energy, and we didn't do that."

To Bradley, it wasn't all about energy. "We didn't play tough," he said.

"It just frustrates me that as the point guard I'm the one who had to say something to him," he said.

So you're upset one of your other teammates didn't say something first?

"Yeah," he said.

When victory was secured and Donovan emptied his bench with scrubs, er, subs, "That hurt my heart," said Bradley.

"The tradition here (at Kentucky) is that we were making everybody back down. We've got to get back to being the intimidators."

"We don't need to be taking other teams' punch, we need to be the one (delivering) that punch first," Bradley said. "When we're pressuring the ball and being aggressive like we were the first half, we do well. We need to do that for 40 minutes."

Clock's ticking.

Said Ramel Bradley, "It starts right now."

I love this last paragraph here! This last paragraph shows what everyones always says what they want to see from this team, and Bradley even admits it too. He talks about how UK needs to get back to the one delivering the punch like we use to.

I know for the life of me I have never understood alot of your alls hatred towards Bradley. Crawford is probably the player people should be hating more than Bradley. People talk about how we should get Ky boys because they play with heart. Well Bradley plays with heart every single game. If every other player on the team played as hard as him every game, we would not be having ANY problems....

Why Bradley? He is one of the few people who play with heart, and seem to care about this team. Also Bradley didn't have Hayes watching his back when he said something to Noah yesterday, but he still did. I think you should switch Bradley and Crawford. Crawford is a guy who SHOULD BE the best player on this team, but yet he dont play with any heart most of the time and is just a very selfish player. People call Bradley selfish, but Crawford is probably most selfish than Bradley. Bradley sometimes tries to do to much sometimes and ends up in a bad play, but atleast for the whole game you know your getting everything you can out of him. The sooned Crawford is gone the sooner Meeks would be getting th 34 minutes that Crawford got yesterday....

I agree 100 %... Crawford could take him man 75% of the time and dont...

Why Bradley? He is one of the few people who play with heart, and seem to care about this team. Also Bradley didn't have Hayes watching his back when he said something to Noah yesterday, but he still did. I think you should switch Bradley and Crawford. Crawford is a guy who SHOULD BE the best player on this team, but yet he dont play with any heart most of the time and is just a very selfish player. People call Bradley selfish, but Crawford is probably more selfish than Bradley. Bradley sometimes tries to do to much sometimes and ends up in a bad play, but atleast for the whole game you know your getting everything you can out of him. The sooner Crawford is gone the sooner Meeks would be getting th 34 minutes that Crawford got yesterday....

Why do we kid ourselves. That whole junior class is the most selfish players I've ever seen at UK. Meeks should be playing over Bradley and Crawford both, but for some reason he is not, and for that matter, Perry and Thomas stinks. I just thought I'd throw that last part in there.

I seem to remember him getting up in Bogut's face and looked like he was ready to throw down. I would take him on my team in a fight over any of the other UK players.

He knew he Bogut couldn't throw him a beating in the middle of a baskteball game on National TV.

That's how punks act, and he's a punk.

I love this last paragraph here! This last paragraph shows what everyones always says what they want to see from this team, and Bradley even admits it too. He talks about how UK needs to get back to the one delivering the punch like we use to.

I know for the life of me I have never understood alot of your alls hatred towards Bradley. Crawford is probably the player people should be hating more than Bradley. People talk about how we should get Ky boys because they play with heart. Well Bradley plays with heart every single game. If every other player on the team played as hard as him every game, we would not be having ANY problems....

I agree with you Bro. Bradley acts like the only player on this team that cares! Some poeple say he is selfish but I say he is just trying to make something happen.;)

You dont know him Son!!! he's From New york too...:lol:

:lol: Funny how geography makes some people think they are meaner than they really are.

I'm glad Bradley is doing something to light a fire in some of the softer players on the team, like Thomas, Perry, and Morris, but I really don't think calling your teammates out to the media is the right way to do things.

Do any of you think that he would actually "man-up" and say this to one of those guys in the lockerroom? And what would happen if he did?

Bottom line...You can't diss your teammates like that and earn anything but discontent. And it doesn't matter if what he said was true or not either.

:lol: Funny how geography makes some people think they are meaner than they really are.

I'm glad Bradley is doing something to light a fire in some of the softer players on the team, like Thomas, Perry, and Morris, but I really don't think calling your teammates out to the media is the right way to do things.

Do any of you think that he would actually "man-up" and say this to one of those guys in the lockerroom? And what would happen if he did?

Bottom line...You can't diss your teammates like that and earn anything but discontent. And it doesn't matter if what he said was true or not either.

Whey do you put Thomas and Perry in there. Those two play hard, they just dont have the talent of say Noah and Horford. Hopefully it lights a fire under the players who are SUPPOSE to be the best players in Morris and especially CRAWFORD...

Yes I could see him saying something like that in the locker room, and why wouldn't he. Its not like there is anyone to be really scared of in that locker room....And how do you know he didn't say something like that in the locker room? Because you dont know, and neither do I. Everyone has been saying UK has been missing a leader since Hayes left, and I bet there is a good chance Hayes called out his teammates before and it never cause discontent. Most team have guys who probably call teammates out and it usually is for the best. If these guys can't handle what Bradley said, since it is true, then there is some real issues...